Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API Script Requests Forum

This concept was posted in jest in a recent topic in the API forum, but I had been considering something along those lines and apparently Aaron had as well, so I figured I might as well make a suggestion for it: It would be nice to have an API script requests forum analogous to this suggestions forum, in which people could post requests for scripts (and vote on already-posted requests). Ideally, such a forum would have a built-in ability for script-writers to tag the request as "in progress" to minimize us stepping on each others' toes, as well as an ability to tag a request as completed and link to the finished product (while both of those tags could be done as posts within the request topic, the improved visibility of a built-in solution would be nice). For bonus points, users could be able to click through the vote/in-progress counts to see who all voted on a request and who all is working on it. This would make it easier for people who have ideas but no coding knowledge to turn those ideas into scripts, and would make it easier for people with coding skills who are looking for a project to find something which would benefit the community (I've often found myself paging through the API and suggestions forums looking for inspiration for a new script to write).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Of course, I'm a fan of this idea. =D
+! I have lots of ideas and limited js skills.
I set up a GitHub repository as an interim solution.  It's discussed here .
The oldest suggestion I have a vote on.&nbsp; But isn't it already completed by this forum?&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/category/46806" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/category/46806</a>
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .