Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to make this HTML work?

I don't know html, but have made a character sheet from generous copy/paste and sort of figuring things out. I like the sheet, but cannot get this to work: value='&{template:default} {{name=Skill}} {{Animal Handling=[[1d20+@{animalhandling}+@{chamod}+@{animalhandlingmod}]]}}' I want to add all those numbers to the D20 roll...it works if I remove the one of the modifiers or if I make a ?{animalhandlingmod}, but not as is....why not? Thank you in advance, and I hope this is an okay place to put this, I look at other HTML forums and they dont help at all.
OH! There HAS to be a modifier in the "animalhandlingmod" thingy....without a number there, it's not applying any modifiers to the roll. Dunno why, not sure how to fix, but I figured that part out :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I moved this to the character sheet forum for you indicated it is a roll built into a custom sheet. This will let the other sheet authors take a look at your question easier.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Is that is a repeating section? If so, all fields refenced in a roll must have a value.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Patrick said: I don't know html, but have made a character sheet from generous copy/paste and sort of figuring things out. I like the sheet, but cannot get this to work: value='&{template:default} {{name=Skill}} {{Animal Handling=[[1d20+@{animalhandling}+@{chamod}+@{animalhandlingmod}]]}}' I want to add all those numbers to the D20 roll...it works if I remove the one of the modifiers or if I make a ?{animalhandlingmod}, but not as is....why not? Thank you in advance, and I hope this is an okay place to put this, I look at other HTML forums and they dont help at all. Can you pull each attribute separately and see a value? Just as a quick test I substituted "10" for each attribute and it works fine. So I would think there is an issue with one of your attributes. test: &{template:default} {{name=Skill}} {{Animal Handling=[[1d20+10+10+10]] }}
It's what G.V. said, I needed a value in the animalhandlingmod field. Thank you guys very much though.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Patrick - one other thing to be aware of it in repeating sections...even if the field has a default value, you still need to add that value. For some reason default values don't "initialize" in repeating sections and it's as if the value isn't there. So, if you have that problem and it looks like every field has a number, add the numbers manually, anyway. For that reason, I'm actually considering removing all default values in my repeating sections—just to remove potential confusion.

Edited 1431140487
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
G V. said: Patrick - one other thing to be aware of it in repeating sections...even if the field has a default value, you still need to add that value. For some reason default values don't "initialize" in repeating sections and it's as if the value isn't there. So, if you have that problem and it looks like every field has a number, add the numbers manually, anyway. For that reason, I'm actually considering removing all default values in my repeating sections—just to remove potential confusion. It's too bad that repeating items don't create their attributes using the default value upon creation. Why not?