Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Music track continually repeats, even though it is off

A track that was set up to play automatically when someone logs on can't be turned off. I even tried deleting the track, and it repeats endlessly. Can't use sound at all as have to keep master volume turned down.

Edited 1431320097
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Al. I know you know this, but first, the rote response. I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you. Second, I suspect that a useful bit of information for a Dev to help resolve this might be knowing what Soundcloud track this is. Can you click "Original track" in your jukebox and get the soundcloud URL for us in case that helps with troubleshooting the nature of this issue? Again sorry for the trouble, please doublecheck on the above technical considerations (extensions, anti-virus, try different browser and report what happens) and add the reference to which soundcloud track. I will then raise this to the attention of someone else who knows more about technical and soundcloud/jukebox. One more thought, do you have any API that might somehow interact with the jukebox? I'm fairly new at API and I don't know if it can do that or not.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
(API: It can't affect the Jukebox yet.)
Since it is playing in all of my player's browsers it has to be coming from roll 20/Soundcloud. Plays constantyl in Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, and Opera for all of my players and for me. Is there a way to reset the sound?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you want to PM me an invite to your campaign and GM me, I'd be happy to try and figure it out for you.
Resolved thank you Aaron, I had an extra copy, which was playing and my old eyes missed it as it was way down the list, perhaps time to clean out my jukebox.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I wrote this bookmarklet just now: javascript:(function(){_.each($('#jukebox').find('tr'),function(r){var $r=$(r),$b=$($r.find('button'));if($b.hasClass('pause')){$r.css({backgroundColor: '#ff0000'});}});}()) Just make a bookmark with that as the URL. When you click it while on the Roll20 VTT, it will change the background of any playing tracks to bright red. =D The highlight goes away whenever you click a button.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is slick!

Edited 1431320577
Gold
Forum Champion
Al -- happy your issue was easily resolved! Aaron - That's another great bookmark technique. Noted. Is there a Tips & Tricks page that can house that in the Wiki? If not then this thread will be the go-to link for that. I'm still linking people to "that other thread" for your bookmark technique on hiding all Roll20 interface to show full-screen map for people who play home games face-to-face with a TV display. I feel like those 2 tips, plus this Full screen Page bar css tip , are related? Enough to make a wiki just for that sort of tips?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sure, set it up, I'll contribute. =D