Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fog of War

OK, I have been running a game for about 3 weeks now and everything was fine. Now I am having problems in the sense that the fog of war won´t reveal parts of my map. I have a large map that required me to magnify to 150, just so I can see the tokens (map was large). I decided to crop the map so that I can make it a big bigger and when I do, I can no longer reveal the edges of the map. Certain parts will reveal and others will stay highlighted (just prior to the reveal, but it will stay like that but won´t reveal. All this started right after the last update. Any ideas? Currently using Firefox 12 and windows vista.
Was a known issue since the new update that as far as I know has not been fixed.
We think this may actually be a bug with the sync server, which we are making major changes to right now. Once it's stable, we'll tackle this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.
Actually I figured this out it had to do with the zoom levels, I believe. I'll push out a fix shortly.
It should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still having issues, thanks!
The hide and reveal tools are not working for me right now. They literally do nothing.
@Chris Just checking, have you followed the steps here to turn on Fog of War for the page you're currently on? <a href="http://help.roll20.net/page-settings/" rel="nofollow">http://help.roll20.net/page-settings/</a>
Ah, sorry. Thank you.
I'm experiencing the same problem OK, I have been running a game for about 3 weeks now and everything was fine. Now I am having problems in the sense that the fog of war won´t reveal parts of my map. I have a large map that required me to magnify to 150, just so I can see the tokens (map was large). I decided to crop the map so that I can make it a big bigger and when I do, I can no longer reveal the edges of the map. Certain parts will reveal and others will stay highlighted (just prior to the reveal, but it will stay like that but won´t reveal. All this started right after the last update. Any ideas? Currently using Firefox 12 and windows vista. I experienced this same problem last night. I don't have a huge map or anything, but I am using a zoom setting other than 100%. If I want to reveal an area on the edge of the map, I have to start my box far away from the edge and then end the box close to the edge for it to work. If the bounding box is entirely drawn too close to the edge, then I get the behavior Hector described. I'm in Chrome.
I'm having a similar issue. The hide/reveal tool doesn't seem to work properly at zoom levels other than 100%. Also if you drag your cursor beyond the edge of the map area, it doesn't work. I was trying to reveal the edges of a map and i have to just try and get close to the edge without going over. Using Firefox 15.
There is a known issue when you release your mouse button in the "gutter" around the map. To reveal things near the edge of the map zoom in on that area and start your selection against the edge and move the mouse toward the center of the map