Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Inline roll hover is very often out of screen

The inline roll hover is very often outside of the screen and not visible. It would be quite important for all using inline rolles, that the hover box was moved inside the same way as it is ensured for the ui elements like handouts or characters. The workaround at the moment is to enlarge the chatbox so far (sometimes up to 50% of the screen) to ensure it is far enough from bottom and right edge.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you provide a screen shot of the behavior? Also, what OS and browser are you using. Do you have any 3rd party toolbars or addons and take up screen real estate?
I know what the problem is and why it happens. Especially when using character sheets that have lots of rolls or attributes strung together. (20)+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0 will cause the tooltip to slide off screen. If Riley would change it to add a space around the symbols +-/* it would solve the problem.
Exactly @HoneyBadger. I play shadowrun 5 which is a system where you easily can roll 20 to 30 d6 which means i get quite long text. I have no tooblars or applets using space there but the hovering tooltip leaves the browser and the screen as well.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Alright, we'll look into it. In the mean time, many sheet authors are using nested inline rolls to clean up the 20+ variables that are usually 0 and leave the result a single number in the final result.