Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro to change which character I /em as?

I have a handful of tokens I control as a player,because of necromancer minions,and would like my /em macros to reflect that without having to manually click the dropdown thing every time. Is there a way to have a macro do something like /setplayername Lizardbie so that it shows up as /em Lizardbie instead of /em Thaele, etc?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Not for players. There are ways to handle it if you have the API available (A Mentor Level Perk).
Sad times. Thanks for the info.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What I have done in the past is use something like: /em [Lizardbie] runs for the bushes! Not as elegant, but gets the point across.
Spren
Sheet Author
Also a not very elegant solution but you could put the actions of your minions in a roll template. Have the title be their name and just make the text of the template a roll query. Then you'll get something like: That one is using the 5e template but the idea is the same.
The Aaron said: Not for players. There are ways to handle it if you have the API available (A Mentor Level Perk). As the DM what would you suggest since I have the same question and I am a Mentor? I currently use something like "/emas Monster rushes forward and bites, wishing only death for it's enemy!! Total roll: [[1d20 + @{Selected|WeaponBonus}]]!" Is there a better way to identify the creature in a macro such as the ability to reference the name of the token or something?
@{selected|token_name} works and doesn't require the use of the API.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you're using the API, and you want your players to have emas, I've got an emas script (kind of a hack) that lets them do !emas which behaves like /emas (with some caveats that I need to fix).
Saitama said: Also a not very elegant solution but you could put the actions of your minions in a roll template. Have the title be their name and just make the text of the template a roll query. Then you'll get something like: That one is using the 5e template but the idea is the same. I think that will be about as good as I can get for now. Thanks for the idea :D
Thanks for all of the suggestions! Honeybadger, that was exactly what I was looking for!