Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E AD&D Friday night treadmill one-shot? 7:00pm CDT (GMT -5), 5/15/2015.

So hey! I want to run something tonight, and since i just spent some $160 on 5e books, it's gonna be 5e. But what it actually is, hasn't been decided. So if i can get four people before 7:00pm CDT (GMT -5), to cast a vote and express interest, we'll do the thing that wins. Option A : Is the absolute D&D classic, Keep on the Borderlands. In which there's a base of operations, and there are areas where adventure could happen. It's that simple. Option B : Is the Lost Mine of Phandelver, from the 5E Starter Set. In which there's an actual narrative that takes place, but we'll really just see how far we can get. With option a, the only real constraints on character creation would be that your deity (if you have one) should be from the Greek Pantheon on page 298 of the PHB. With option b, you'll have to go here and pick one of the backgrounds and personal goal s to use for your character. You don't have to use the rest of details on the premade characters unless you just want to. But the details that tie your character to the world have to be there, (i.e. if you take the rogue's background then you have an aunt in phandalin, who you're trying to hide your business from, etc.)
I'll play. I'd prefer option 1. I'll play lost mines but full disclosure I've run it myself and I know people get nervous about running campaigns their players know
I've got the night off, and I with all the D&D I DM, it's nice to be a player once in a while. I've DMed the lost mine several times, but I am happy to play it if there's some people who haven't yet. Alternatively, mucking about on the Borderlands is fine for me too.

Edited 1431731443
Sam: It's been a while since i've gotten to use KotB, so it's my first choice too. (Hence being "Option A".) But LMoP could be fun too, i'm not really bothered by you having run it. It'd mostly be an exercise in seeing how far into the story we could get! Garreth: So you're for KotB too?
I honestly have no preference. I can dream LMoP, so KotB would be more interesting for me personally, but always love seeing new players go through LMoP.
I'm a brand new player who would be interested in joining if you still have slots!
If this still needs a player then I am interested.
let's do this, add me up.
Hey, yeah! Sounds awesome, the Keep on the Borderlands was built for brand new players and dm's waaay back in the late 70's, early 80's! (my physical book is copyright 1980, but i think it might be a later printing.)
Okay, it seems like we have the people! PM's are being sent with the join link, and after you get into the campaign page (at least for a second) i can give you character sheets.
Sweet
Get hyped!
Wait for me!