Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Bookmark: how do you drag it over a large distance?

Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
I have loaded enough maps on the Page "ribbon" at the top of the desktop that sometimes I want to move the Player Bookmark (to change their view) from one end of the ribbon to the other.  But if there are so many maps that a scrollbar had to be created, it won't let me drag the Player Bookmark beyond that scrollbar.  I have to momentarily dorp the Player Bookmark on a map, maybe a map I don't want to reveal yet, to move it further, "leapfrogging" it. Is there a simple command to move the Player Bookmark over to the map the GM is currently working on, or on any map with the Gear menu maybe?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Two methods: 1) Hold down the shift key and use your mousewheel to scroll side to side.  2) Hold down the left or right arrow keys to scroll side to side.  - Gauss
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
Gauss,  those methods will move the scrollbar, however to move the Player Bookmark I have to click and hold it.  When I do those other things the scrollbar will move all right, but the Player Bookmark is not moving to keep pace with that.  It "stays behind" or lands on the wrong map. I wish the scrollbar would scroll once we moved the Player Bookmark to the edge of the maps currently visible, but it just stops when it hits the end. I am using Internet Explorer with the Chrome Frames plug-in.  I don't know if that works with the other browsers.
I just drag the page I want closer to the one the players are on.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Pierre, I am sorry I was not more explicit. Yes, you hold the bookmark while doing either method 1 or method 2.  Regarding the bookmark: the bookmark doesn't keep pace for me either, but that is a graphical problem rather than a location problem. The location (while holding the mouse button) is the mouse cursor, not the bookmark. My guess as to why you are hitting the wrong map is that you are paying attention to the bookmark's location rather than the mouse cursor's location and the highlight box on the map the cursor is hovering over.  Put another way: when the cursor (not the bookmark) highlights the map you want release the mouse button and the bookmark will appear where you released. - Gauss
I usually archive maps I don't need anymore or that I don't think I will need next session. They're still there, can be recovered with 2 clicks, if I suddenly need them after all, but don't clutter up the page-view.
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
Okay, Gauss, I'll focus on the mouse-cursor only. It might be nice to have a key-command to flip the Player Bookmark to what the GM is on. I also have to master the trick of preparing a page while players are still on the previous page discussing the usual unimportant player nonsense...
Archive any pages not in use and it is much easier.