Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFM: DM looking to try his hand at running a DH game

EDIT: DH = Dark Heresy, in case that wasn't clear As a primer, I should say that I'm relatively new to the 40k universe. While I have a good handle on the basic fluff, don't expect me to know about every time the Emperor has gone to the restroom. Or maybe  that's  why it's called the Golden Throne... but I digress. I've been a DM now for about 5 years, mostly in 3.5/4th D&D. My style of play involves, and heavily rewards, roleplaying, but that's not to say I don't make combat happen/interesting. Granted, the first couple go arounds of DH combat I'm sure I'll mess something up, so be prepared for a fast & loose interpretation of the rules. That all being said, here's what potential players should do/know: I do not know WHEN we'll be meeting, but it will more than likely be  either Tuesday, Friday, or Sunday evenings EDT/EST (GMT-4/-5) I will only be taking  5  players. Do not be discouraged if I've talked to more than 5 people, since I won't be making the final decision until I have everyone's backstory in hand! The main game will be run through  roll20 in a G+ hangout.  The in-between fluff RP will be run through Skype and a Subreddit , the later of which will be made once the group gets going. A reddit account is not required for the later, but is preferred.  A microphone is  required , as is common curtousy when using it There are  NO  restrictions on backgrounds, but you  MUST  have a very good backstory to support it. No Grey Knights, and I'm only allowing up to two (2) battle sisters. Be prepared to have your faith severely tested if you do go that route, as Tzeentch and Slaanesh are my favorites. I  will  entertain elite advances, but you'll need to, again, have a good story behind it. Ever wanted to be the nascent psyker or maybe have a dark pact? This is your chance, but I will only allow so many "special snowflakes" While I don't have a problem with some of the more radical characters/concepts,  try not to go overboard . Powergamers/Metagamers need not apply. Newbies are welcome , though I can only teach you so much. Certain things, like stats, will be rolled in roll20 once I've accepted your character, but others I'll trust your judgement on, so long as there's a story behind it (i.e., if you take Aberration as a mutation, you better have a way to hide it well) If you've gotten this far, post a basic idea of the character you want to play  in this thread , including name, class, and a quick TLDR of their backstory. If there's something you want to keep under your hat, send it my way in the form of a pm, but still post the general gist so everyone can see it. If I like it, I'll PM you the join link the the campaign. I'm doing it this way as opposed to the apply to join system just for sanity's sake (a DM with 30 insanity points is not a happy DM). Applications close on the 18th, or when the slots have filled. I know it's a bit much to say/ask up front, but I like making sure people know what they're getting into!
I'm interested and will shoot you a PM.
Josef Fomidonis: Noble Born Arbites. Second sons of the Formidonis family have been tithed to serve with the Scintillan Arbites for generations and Josef is no exception. He follows his uncle in upholding the family tradition and seeks to cement the family name as a pillar of Imperial Law.
I am intrested in playing, but have never even opened a DH book, that said I have a lot of backing in the fluff part. I would most likley try for a gaurdsman/comissar (depent on what is supported by the system), but that is dependent on the other players.
I am interested as well. I'm pretty well versed in the fluff and have been looking at the rulebook for some time now hoping to find a group.
Well, those who have gotten in contact with me (or vice versa) have been added to campaign to go through the next set of hoops. If you're interested, you've got about 2-3 days before the first session to say something!
Hey Im André, I would love to join your party, but am new to the scene and have rly no past experience expect 2 sessions of dnd 3.5 thanks to this site. I you could guide me a bit i can bring a fresh take on the RP i imagine ill be fun :D and would love to b part of it .