Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I have a question about macros as a GM.

I like to keep macros for fights and would like to keep myself from having to use a million macros a game. So my problem is this I would like to set a macro with a text note in the macro and keep the text hidden from my players. I have looked a few times for a command that would let me do this. I may have overlooked it though.
Gid
Roll20 Team
You and your players can whisper directly to a GM with the /w gm [text to be whispered] command. Create your macro using that command to convey the text note. Also, /gmroll (instead of /roll or /r ) will allow you to make rolls that only you, as the GM, can see. If a player uses that command, their roll is only visible to that player and the GM.
Seems like /gr in my macros lets me put a little note for myself after my die roll.