Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ghost Script running? Need an exorcism!

Edited 1435286647
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Tonight I updated to Powercards 3.0.0 and I'm getting this error when I I attempt to invoke the script in any way what so ever, including the version test ( !power --version ): /home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:1 orts, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { function g(a){throw a;}var j=v ^ ReferenceError: hexDec is not defined at getBrightness (evalmachine.<anonymous>:87:25) at handleInput (evalmachine.<anonymous>:92:29) at eval ( HoneyBadger says this error shouldn't be happening at all, and i agree: There's nothing in the script called 'hexDec', he renamed it in the move to 3.x. He thinks I have a ghost version of the script running, and we have no clue how to kill the ghost. I opened a new tab and grabbed the web console for everything from opening up the campaign through using the !power --version macro: [ Edited to remove excessively long, ultimately unrelated, log ] Good grief, there's a lot of errors in that startup. x.x No errors, however, directly related to the use of the macro, beyond what's in the API log Any assistance that can be rendered will be appreciated!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have you tried clone/extending the campaign to see if that clears it?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'll give that a look-see later this evening when I have a chance.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty if you want to pm me the url of your campaign, I'll take a look.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I copied/extended my campaign as a test and the new version doesn't have the same API issues as the previous. So I guess I'll do a full copy and re-install all my scripts and call it good. I'd love to know how I borked my original campaign, but that's just my curiosity at play.
GenKitty said: I copied/extended my campaign as a test and the new version doesn't have the same API issues as the previous. So I guess I'll do a full copy and re-install all my scripts and call it good. I'd love to know how I borked my original campaign, but that's just my curiosity at play. Yay!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Glad to hear you were able to clear you problem but drop steve a pm url and maybe he can point out where it happened.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Already done
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
HA! I found the error!!!!!!!!!!!! The culprit is my 'Color Note' script, from The Aaron. I was getting the SAME EXACT ERROR after copying over all of my scripts. So now I can go cry on Aaron and not waste more developer time on this issue.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
congrats on finding the problem.
GenKitty said: HA! I found the error!!!!!!!!!!!! The culprit is my 'Color Note' script, from The Aaron. I was getting the SAME EXACT ERROR after copying over all of my scripts. So now I can go cry on Aaron and not waste more developer time on this issue. I bet he was calling the hexDec function from PowerCards instead of his own version.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, sorry! That script always was a bit of a hack. I thought I rewrote it for you to not have that dependency last time this happened... Sorry all.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
New version with that fixed. Also pushed a pull request to the official repo. <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Co" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Co</a>...