Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tool Bar Rights

Looks like anyone has the ability to use the draw tools at any time. You may want to consider adding a "rights" buttons to allow or disallow players the ability to freehand draw on the tabletop. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to have to constantly delete scribbles during game play.
..bump..
No. Why would this be a priority? We'll be overhauling the drawing tools to make them better, but if your players' respect for you is that low that's an issue between you and them. This isn't a video game, and griefing is not a priority to us.
Really Nolan... have you never heard of rage quit LOL... Respect is one thing, but if this tool is used to run "public" type game sessions, not having a control element, especially on the main map is just asking for trouble. Trolls exist and not just the ones under the bridge...In fact there isnt even the ability to "kick" a player currently....i would have to recreate the whole campaign and get a new session ID just to exclude one person???
I've heard of ragequit. Because I play video games. Public game sessions aren't our concern. Will we get there? Sure. But asking us to take toys away from your players or let you kick players... yeah, not a big emphasis. We want to cater to mature people who can play a game together. We will probably get some privacy features later, just to help said mature persons in the event information leaks out. But if you're regularly having issues because one of your players is doodling... that's not a problem most folks are encountering.
Human beings are people..we are not perfect and friendships do fall apart. The idea that anyone vengeful enough could enter a gaming session and disrupt it for everyone else is not cool, and i highly doubt im the only one thinking this. Even if there was just a "password" that could be changed for the purpose of access to a specific campaign would suffice. Is it needed right this minute...no i agree its not since im testing with friends i trust and are on good terms with. But security is something that undeniably must be looked at moving forward.
Well, like I said, security is something we are looking into down the line. (Side note-- if anyone DOES have anything awful go down in terms of campaign vandalism, get a hold of the developers. I know the system has periodic saves and we may be able to restore to an earlier point.) But, again, our plan to look into security is not a plan to look into tool bar usage rights.