Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to freeze initiative?

Is there a possibility players can only roll only one initiative? Fir the moment, each time they push the button, it modify the value...
Not really... you could make fake tokens for them that you hide off map and add those to the initiative order when needed.
You can just say roll initiative now and then sort it when they have rolled, unless they roll the same thing it will be out of order.
Good trick Al e. Thx
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
I guess I don't understand the question. What button are you pushing? We roll initiative once at the beginning of combat and just cycle through repeatedly. The tracker saves are scores so I see no reason I couldn't set it up and keep the same initiative throughout the campaign no problem. So I'm not sure what you're doing differently, Hughes.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I believe the issue he is talking about is players that re-roll their initiative to a better number.
If that's the issue... get new players. Or tell the players to roll once... and if they roll again, they lose their turn. :D
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
or revoke their rolling rights and roll initiative for them?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Tom said: I guess I don't understand the question. What button are you pushing? I imagine he means the initiative button on whatever character sheet he is using. I agree with the social answers given; tell them clearly, "Roll once and one only for initiative. Anyone who rolls more than once will be treated as having rolled a 1." You can edit player inits by clicking on the number in the turn order.