Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Different color options for rollable table text?

Does it always have to be yellow/highlighted? I know there is API solutions, I am just curious if there is a reason it is yellow and not flagable to be non-highlighted.
Yes i get tired of this as well! It should be a standard feature for you to be able to select the colors for the text!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I can't answer the question, but I can give you one API workaround: Powercards. There's an option, in the script itself, to set the dice roll colors. It's a constant color, not changable on the fly (Maybe that can be a later option when conditionals and variables are stable ^_^ )
Trying to stay away from the API as it crashes a lot, although my mentor account was initially purchased because of how much I loved Honeybadger's script. I am looking for an in sheet coding solution.
Wes
Sheet Author
It is possible to change the Rollable Tables with Template CSS. But that would have to be added into the character sheet as Either a new template or modifying the existing templates.
OldSchoolChris said: Trying to stay away from the API as it crashes a lot, although my mentor account was initially purchased because of how much I loved Honeybadger's script. I am looking for an in sheet coding solution. Powercards crash much less often now... :D ../ I've been trying to catch all the possible errors where the script looks for something and can't find it and dies.
I never had issues with your script crashing. I have had issues with tge API itself giving me sh*t, double outputs, needing to be restarted, etc
Wes said: It is possible to change the Rollable Tables with Template CSS. But that would have to be added into the character sheet as Either a new template or modifying the existing templates. I will have to learn how to do this then. Thank you.
Yeah, after looking around in there, I have no clue what to do. Octoba gave me a general direction but I am no coder. I have added background-color: #FFFFFF; to: the css of the roll template to the area of the roll template where the rollabale table text appears. No change. I have this: I want to be able to do this: using sheet html/css only. Maybe I need to put this in suggestions, suggesting a flag of some sort?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I don't think there is a way you can alter just the rollable table results, it would affect all roll results in the table. The HTML and CSS for a rollable table result in one of the DnD5e Roll Templates looks like these: HTML: <span class=" inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n" original-title="Rolling 1t[Druid] = (<span class="basicdiceroll">Hawk</span>)"> Hawk </span> CSS: .textchatcontainer . inlinerollresult { background-color: #FEF68E; border: 2px solid #FEF68E; padding: 0 3px 0 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em; } The salient point being that they are the same style as would be applied to [[1d20]] or any other inline roll. You could put in this style: CSS: .textchatcontainer .sheet-rolltemplate-5eDefault .inlinerollresult { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0); border: none; padding: inherit; font-weight: normal; cursor: text; font-size: 1em; } and all inline rolls would look like normal text (though they would still have the tooltip):
So then all dice rolls would be unhighlighted as well? I I don't believe this solution will work for macros, only built in sheet rolls?

Edited 1433814014
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This would only work for Inline Rolls in Roll Templates, specifically the DnD5e Roll Template.
Thank you. Attempting it now.
No change. I'm done. Thanks for the encouragement.
Well... If you give powercards another try, I do have a txt only option for dice rolls and rollable table results that is done per roll, not global.
Gotcha there HB. I haven't removed PowerCard script from my games, I am trying to stay away from the unstable API.
I had to remove: .textchatcontainer but now it works fine, thanks you Aaron. I think I should get you something for your birthday....
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HAHAHAHA. No worries, glad it worked for you. No birthday gifting required. =D
Oddly enough, it removes the centering of the dice rolls. I will tinker with it more tomorrow.
There were some API issues that were causing double-results and crashing scripts and the like, but Riley and the boys fixed those and everything is a lot more stable now. I am running about a halfd-dozen scripts now, and the only time that they crash is when I do something stupid (like put together a badly formatted macro to call the script, which means I fix the script and then restart them until I have the macro fixed — this has to do with the macro and not the API, of course). There are a lot of really useful API scripts out there to enchance campaigns — you should really give them another shot. :)
I found a solution using !token-mod and a reserved token. My reserved token is associated with a reserved character sheet named Variables. It's only purpose it to hold values that will be retrieved later. Punch - (token action macro) !token-mod --ids -JWGRpJZDiuuBnEaCInL --set bar2_value|"[[ 1t[Punches-Thrown] ]]" %{Roxie|PunchResults} I put the token away for safe keeping so I don't lose it on it's own page. I send and retrieve the information stored in it using it's unique ID: Then I call the macro that contains the roll template for displaying some nice text and the result, which is pulled from the storage token. PunchResults - (output macro) &{template:5eDefault} {{punch=yes}} {{emote=Roxie swings a fist! @{target|tab2} }} {{title=Slobber Knocker}} {{subheader=blast}} {{subheaderright=bare knuckle}} {{attack=hits AC:[[@{Thac0}-(1d20@{strengthhit})]]}} {{damage=[[1d3@{strengthdmg}]]}}   {{freetext=**Results: **@{The DM|TableRolls}} Since my data token is in storage, I don't want the token throwing the punch to be selected or the roll result will go into its own bar2. I needed to have it target something, thus taking the focus of of the PC's token and keeping the roll result stored in the data token. Not wanting to see the value of the targets attribute, I had it pull and empty attribute that is on all my pc/monster sheets. The results look just the way I wanted them to.                                                      A big thank you to The Aaron for his helpful tips and advice and of course the !token-mod script. Where would I be with out it? Asleep most likely.