Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Pokemon Themed Game?

Rog
Marketplace Creator
Hello everyone! I'm putting together a dnd4e campaign and I was wanting to see if members of the community would be interested in a Pokemon Theme. It's %99 DnD with Pokemon aesthetics and a few touches here and there (like you take +1 extra damage if you're a Charmander being spashed with water) A Character for example would be like: Jigglypuff has the same stats as a lvl 1 Human Bard and is equipped with a short-bow and a leather vest. Just throwing it out there for thoughts and Ideas. Let me know if you're interested!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Moved to LFG - Gauss
so the player are the pokemon and the gm is the trainer if so i'm in
I've been down this road before, and D&D just isn't right for Pokemon, in my opinion anyways. I suggest you try the D10 system, more specifically the game "Godlike." It would provide everything you need, from creating every ability fairly and well, to the pokemon themselves. This way you can have a Charazard with Fire Blast instead of a lame substitute from the D&D universe. If  you're interested in working in this system, I would love to join, and would work with you in great detail. Give me a PM, Wink & Gun.
My homebrew pathfinder campaign will have my players fight pokemon. PM if your interested.
Rog
Marketplace Creator
It's DnD with a Pokemon Theme. Like Charmander walking around with a little sword and shield, Pikachu has some daggers and a cloak and Jigglypuff is a Bard or Cleric and they are on an epic quest to stop the Mysterious Ultra Powerful Pokemon from destroying the world. As stated before it's very much a DnD game with pokemon trappings and a few minor nudges here and there.
ill be a Charmander(DragonBorn) two-handed Fighter
Rog
Marketplace Creator
Solundor said: ill be a Charmander(DragonBorn) two-handed Fighter Yeah that's what i'm talkin about
I'd be interested in this, assuming you're okay with a very new player. I've played some DnD (4e) but not a whole lot, however, I'm definitely looking to play some more - room for a newbie Eevee Wizard or something along those lines in the party?
Out of curiosity why not just play the Pokemon tabletop game?