Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Song of Ice & Fire: House Rivalries. 8:00 PST, time can flexible.

Edited 1434027112
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hi, I'm currently looking for 1-2 more players for a party of 3 to play Green Ronin's A Song of Ice & Fire in parallel to one of my ongoing games thats been going on for a while, the idea is that 3 people will play the role of a house thats currently dealing with inner political while the events of A Song of Ice & Fire continue on around them and they try to get themselves in order to survive. I have a long history written out for the House & its family along with their vassals if you're interested in hearing more about the House. The goal here is to either, through assigning various members of the house, manipulation, or personal choices, make a chain of cause & effect that will let you reach your end goal whether its selfish, for the house, or for whatever motives you may have. I require: -Up to date on either the books or the show (We're playing based off the books however) -Don't need to know the system but be willing to learn :) -You have skype. If you have any questions, just post them below and I'll be more than happy to answer. If you're interested then please tell me a bit about yourself & how you are as a player. EDIT: Game is planned for during the day of Sundays, the actual time leans towards night but can make earlier if neccessary.
He's still looking for members so if you're interested, please post!
how does this house relate to the main campaign, would we be the primary antagonists, or something more nuanced?

Edited 1434055176
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
To them you're the primary antagonists, but the reverse is true as well. The idea was I wanted to get this house to become as fleshed out and dynamic as the other campaign. As it is in the GoT world, everywhere has their good guys and their bad guys. I'm not giving you resources and then say "have at 'em", lol. Right now, its more of a shadow/political war and depending on who you want to play within the house then you might be involved in the higher politics of it or you might just play a role as someone whos experiencing all this. Still, as you've said, this house is supposedly their rivals so its going to take some work on my half and on the players side to make the contestment between two campaigns smooth. Did this answer your question? or did I miss something.
will it be clear which house is PC's and which is NPC's? Since theres more than two sides, is it possible both us and the primary might assume the completely wrong faction is played by people?
You will know which house is the players, things couldn't be more tense right now and it'd be obvious which one is creating the most tension. They don't know that there are PCs rather than NPCs operating within this, hence why I am choosing to use a smaller party of people for this one. While I did think of that idea you spoke of initially, some time has passed since the campaign had started, I felt if I tried to even it too much they'd have a large advantage and it'd be really difficult to try to keep the house hidden from you, had I've started two campaigns simultaneously, then it would've worked alot better. Of course, IC no one thinks of other people as NPCs or PCs so unless one goes meta it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to accept that these are still rivals :)
Since our role would be more of the active opposition rather than primary, what kind of time commitment do you see us needing? Intrigues take time to flourish, armies take time to move, opportunities take time to be exploited. Will we be able to submit our political actions during the week for those times we might not be able to make the regular session?
Thats another reason why I just want just 3 people for this, UNLESS your chars are glued at the hip, I can do your sessions independently of each other and sundays can be reserved for most of the things that involve everyone. Of time, I'd say it could be as little as 2 hours-4 hours or even 5 depending on how much is going on with a single character, but thats a very high estimation that isn't likely unless a lot of certain things happen.
Let me know if any openings are available

Edited 1434067747
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Still a spot open, have any questions? Please also tell me a bit about yourself.
Might be interested; my player profile is up to date. Haven't played ASOIAF before but love the books and have read through the core rulebook. Dumb Q - What day?
Sundays

Edited 1434149517
I am interested, but wondering how nuanced/flexible is this houses goals? Will they be broad goals or do we just have a finish line we should be attempting to cross. For example is the goal "Take that castle from X" or is it "Increase your control of this land." and we could choose whether that is storming the castle or something else. (Thanks for making a very interesting RPG dynamic by the way. I haven't seen something unique like this in a while)
You're living as a person with goals, whether the house goals are your goals is up to you. And no its not that simple unless you're the type of character to see the world as so simple as missions like those.
Okay sounds good to me! I will PM you my bio and playstyle :)
Alright, think I'm full on players for now after this.

Edited 1435683720
The Deepmaws send their regards
Any openings?

Edited 1437774664
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
This campaign has been closed recently, sorry.