Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Site usage graph?

Edited 1434552628
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is there a site usage graph somewhere players can see? The site is light years more stable than it was long ago, but it still seems at times when we play API is slow to respond, loading in takes a bit longer, or chat is a handful of seconds behind. No game breaking issues so to speak, or 'issues' at all really with it. Just a notice of a bit of 'delay' at what we assume are peak times. And hard for us to tell if its just the shard we are on being fussy, as even making a test game real quick we have no idea if its on the same shard anyway. We was thinking of looking to see if there was such a chart like "average Roll20 usage per hour daily" and move our game to a less peak time. Dont even care about raw player/game numbers being needed, even if it was just a graph with 100% representing the max peak for that day/week. This would help us with the bit of annoyances where I have to kick the API with save to wake it up or save twice to get it to actually reset, and chat being a bit slow. And would help you guys with one less API heavy game running at peak hours.
On the weekends, as the left coast starts their games the whole site slows a bit and the API gets a little funky. This is a big improvement, when we started here it would grind down to a stop, I now run games with 8 payers from USA, UK, Finland & Australia, and it stays pretty stable, if my players were a bit more stable...

Edited 1434554957
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OH yea, totally. Its worlds better than it was last year, or even first part of this year. Wasn't complaining about it so much. We can play though it fine, I remember a time where wed go 'well guess that's it for the night' when API just wouldn't respond, or thrown dice got lost in the ether before they made it to chat. :) We haven't had to stop for the night because of site related things in a LONG time. Was just curious if they had a chart like they do for many other things. Tried using the quantum rolls per hour to sort it out, but it only logs like the last 9 hours: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum</a> hard to pick a new day and time unless we have someone watching it a few times a day for a week. So we could help scratch each others backs. We could move ours to a less populated time, and help them by having one less on that time.