Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Invite link not working and cannot add player

I am trying to invite a player to the campaign. Normally, I would just send them the invite link and they would be able to join. When they try, they get an error ("Not Authorized (Incorrect Campaign ID or Access Token)"). If I open up the invite players dialog from the campaign details, it gives me a dialog with a button ("Send Email") and nowhere to actually enter email addresses. How do I invite a new player?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Also, are you on dev or prod?
I did steps 1-3 before posting here :) I am on production server. A detailed description of the issue. The more information you can give us, the better able we'll be to fix the issue promptly! Not sure what else I can tell you that I didn't above. The campaign is on my account and is entitled "Lee's Mythic Kingmaker". Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the issue. 1 go to campaign details for my campaign "Lee's Mythic Kingmaker" 2 click on the invite players link 3 copy link address for the "Share Link" 4 Send that link to potential new player 5 get email from potential new player saying they get an error when trying to join campaign Your computer's settings (A good place to find this info if you don't know it is Support Details ): Web Browser Google Chrome. Interestingly, when I use firefox, I get a UI textbox to enter an email address, so that might work. Will try that in a moment. Nonetheless, the actual Share Link is still giving the player an error, which is the real bug here. Browser Version Version 43.0.2357.130 m Operating System Windows 7 64-bit If Javascript is enabled Yes Your anti-virus software Kaspersky AVG List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled Since I actually did read steps 1-3 previously...none! You can optionally include screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post. Here is a screenshot of the invite players dialog. Note the distinct lack of any UI to actually enter any email addresses to invite. Yes, I blacked out the share link in the pic, but will PM it to you if needed.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Did the email invite through Firefox work for you?
Don't know - haven't received a response yet :) I'll let you know one way or another as soon as I know.
ok, that appears to have worked. Still not sure why the invite link was failing, but hey, at least we found a way!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!