Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Right-Click to Dynamic Layer?

This may seem small and may have been an oversight but ... Why is there no right-click option to shift a token to Dynamic Layer? [I know there is a hot-key to shift there but not a way to move items there] For lighting, I will create a token (for daylight in the above ground or outside part of a map) and assign it light for all to see. I then make a copy of it and paste it to the Dynamic Layer, return to the Token Layer and delete the original since I can't move it. If the item requires changing (it is now nighttime) - I can right-click to move to Token for editing light output on token since the token pop-ups don't appear in Dynamic Layer then Cut-Paste it back only to return to delete the now edited token on Token layer. If would be much easier if right-clicking the item gave the option to shift the item to Dynamic Layer also. The other 3 layers are present, just not that one. Wasn't sure why not since I have to go through quite a work-around to change lighting on maps where I have "large outdoor lighting present in some areas but still want shadows on others [meaning I can't enable "Global Illumination" but have to 'fake' mass illumination in places by putting 'Sun' tokens with light on the Dynamic Layer] or Allow the token options to show while on Dynamic Layer (or maybe at least the light options for the 'token/item')?
I do agree that a move token to Dynamic Lighting layer would be nice. I'll see if that is a possibility. As for moving back and forth- you can double click a token and switch to the Advanced tab to edit the amount of light it is emitting. Is that what you are trying to accomplish? For more info on the Dynamic Lighting read our wiki page found here.
Didn't know about the double-click. Tried it on Dynamic Layer and that will function for what I need for faster results. Thanks.
We are taking your consideration of adding a "move to dynamic layer" button into consideration but I would just use the double click in the mean time.
please please please that would be so awesome. It would allow me to move door collision to the GM layer and back to the Dynamic light layer and not have to delete or move the collision to a location off the map.
Agreed. Not only would this help with the "opening/closing of door" difficulty, but also it might provide a way to simply toggle a group of lights on and off.