Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fog of War not Working

When I set the fog of war option, the players ONLY see blackness across he screen. Moving their tokens does NOT remove fog of war. If I set their token to have a light source that all players can see, this does not help either. I have opened and closed the program, restarted my computer, etc. Nothing works. I have tested it by setting a player's token to be able to be controlled by me, and I have logged in as a player and it still does not reveal anything when the token moves. it's Incredibly frustrating, especially since I bought the subscription.... Currently, I am using: Windows 7 Chrome 43.0.2357.130 Flash 18.0.-1 Java is enabled Thanks.
1435538323
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Hi there, It sounds like you may be confusing fog of war with dynamic lighting . The Fog of War features allows you to gradually reveal areas of the map to your players. This is useful if you have a party that is exploring an area like a dungeon, where they shouldn't be able to see parts of the map that have yet to be explored. Fog of War is not the same as darkness , and it is static (not dynamic, like dynamic lighting). Fog of War can only be removed by the GM; the presence or absence of PCs, light sources, lines of sight, etc. will not roll back any Fog of War. Dynamic Lighting is an advanced map lighting tool currently available to Mentor & Subscriber users. It calculates line of sight on the fly as tokens are moved across the tabletop. Please review the wiki links provided. If this information does not resolve your issues, don't hesitate to ask clarifying questions. If this does resolve your issues, let us know that too so we can mark this as resolved.
Yeah. I think I was confusing those two. Sorry! Thanks for the clarification. And the links.
1435958084
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Glad I could help! Closing this now as Resolved.