Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GM Modifier on Player's Dice Pools

This might be more a donator feature, but it would be nice if GM's could tie a given dice pool to a player. This would allow the GM to do things like removing natural 1s/20s, changing the probability of certain rolls (favoring one end or the other, or perhaps a number in particular), and so on. In order to work properly, this would have to be a GM-ONLY  command/option, and only  visible to the GM. The player should have no idea that their dice pool has been affected.  This may seem unfair and completely stupid to players, but fellow GMs know full well the pain of a player who seems to always  roll low/high. Plus, this lets you spite "that guy."
I don't think this should be a feature, but if someone wants to go to the trouble making it in the API, I say let them.
I would love this as a feature, I know I would abuse it however. I know, and have seen p,ayers, who rage-quit after a seriously bad night of rolls. Though its not hard to sympathize with getting not one single roll above 5 in a 3 hour session, avoiding that irritation altogether would be a blessing. 
+1
That sounds more like an API thing, to be honest.  If the players KNOW that feature exists in Roll20, they'll blame you for dicking with their rolls whether or not you have it enabled. That said, it'd certainly be a useful script.  My group wants to use the Players Roll All The Dice house rule but I want to retain my ability to fudge dice to avoid cheap deaths.
This will never be an officially supported feature.