Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5E] July 4th, 30th-birthday panic distraction, err.. i mean celebration!

So i'm looking for a group of players who are either as crazy or as bored as i am, for something ambitious and completely unnecessary! Basically what the idea amounts to, is this: We pick something, some module, or possibly a scenario, and then just go until we either reach the end or admit defeat to the vagueries of time. Naturally, that might involve stopping for bathroom breaks, food, sleep, or combusting in a spontaneous manner. But we come right back until we're done! " Why do this? ", you may ask. To which i would answer " You're thinking about this far too logically. I'm turning 30, and the options that come to mind which might stop me from hyperventilating for like a week-straight are either to get so drunk that a hospital forms around me, or doing something weird and unnecessary as a distraction. " " How long will it be? " you could reasonably wonder. " I have no idea, but probably no later than late sunday night! " i would shout back, far too loudly and unblinkingly. My eyes just a little bit too wide. " What is it going to be? " might be a question that could leak out of your left ear, for some reason. " I can't decide, there's Ravenloft, Tomb of Horrors, Tiamat, at least two flavors of Elemental Evil, the Slavers of Greyhawk, the ruined elven city of Myth Drannor and even a chance to descend into the underdark and try to survive the drow cities! It all depends on what people want to do. " I would respond, far too verbosely for a hypothetical question. If anyone's interested in helping me defy time's passage for a couple days, while simultaneously killing off your unused hours for the insurance money, let me know!
Interested :)
Bool Ceans! Is there any particular thing you'd be more interested in than the others?
I will join this. Do things to my imaginary D&D body, Billy. Terrible things. I would personally prefer something that is not Tiamat as I've got other arrangements for it :D I've already got you on Skype methinks.

Edited 1435724040
Nathan L. said: I will join this. Do things to my imaginary D&D body, Billy. Terrible things. This kinda gave me the creeps. Just sayin. . Anyway if your okay with me disappearing for enormous blocks of time over the 48 hrs you appear to be offering this game for then Saenc Loob! Oh anyway yea, Ravenloft. Oh and Happy Bday
Okay, so it's looking like it might be Ravenloft! We have one "not RoT", and one "Ravenloft".
Luke said: Nathan L. said: I will join this. Do things to my imaginary D&D body, Billy. Terrible things. This kinda gave me the creeps. Just sayin. Golly, in retrospect it wasn't meant to be suggestive ;~; I'm coo with Ravenloft.
I would be interested. Long time D&D fanatic, just breaking new ground in 5e. I second the Ravenloft; esp since the new edition has many tie ins and references throughout the PB & DMG.
Fun! But i haven't ever gotten to run it. And the time i was a player in ravenloft we only got past the gates before we were attacked by summoned wolves who couldn't touch us because I was a paladin! So i wouldn't expect too much in the way of mind-blowing connections between past and present versions. I'll pretty much have my hands full learning it in the first place!
I am a big fan of Tomb of Horrors for these kind of -play til you break- tames. Did they do a 5E conversion or is it fan done? I have been out of the loop of official modules and such as I do mostly homebrew. Are you looking to DM or play? Big party? Small Party? Streamed? That all said, for the most part I can host/play if you need a seat filled.
Conversion eh? Okay, how about this: AC: start at 10, and then for every point that the 1e moves down , you instead move up . Attack Bonus: subtract monster's THAC0 from 20, and add that number to a 1d20 roll for the monster's attacks. Movement: a movement rate of 12 is equal to 30'. Season to taste. Saves: Step 1. quickly generate stats appropriate to the creature, or look up a more modern version of the monster and use those stats. Step 2. give the monster proficiency bonuses appropriate to the intended party level, and apply them to the monster's 2 primary stats. (Optional Step 1: Apply the strength or dexterity modifiers to the monster's attack bonus.) (Optional Step 2: Apply the dexterity bonus to the monster's armor class, if needed.) Damage: You can leave this virtually untouched if you wish, or you can apply Str or Dex bonuses until it tastes right. Powers/Spells: Use analogous 5e spells, or find a similar monster-power to use as a template. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, for 20-30 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown. Adjust recipe for further use as needed.