Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dice Rolling in Hands Sound

Hey all, I noticed in the blog entry for the upcoming Interface Initiative that there will be a nifty "dice cup shaking sound" for 3d dice. That's what it sounded like to me in the video, and that's how the blog entry described it. Could we also get a "dice shaking in hands" sound option? Maybe I'm weird, but that's how we always do it, and it's a pretty different sound than rolling from a cup or a tower (which would be a less usual, but also interesting sound). Since it seems the 3d dice and the sound effects are primarily there for mood and to feel a bit more tactile like the meatspace version, I think having an in-hands option in addition to the in-cup would be cool for players that think of that when they think of rolling dice in RPGs. My suggestion is for a per-player setting to select their preferred dice roll sound, with one of the options being in-hand dice.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .