Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP Mutants & Masterminds - July 21st, 2015 @ 7pm PST

Edited 1436334911
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
The year is 2023. As of 2006, people have begun gaining the use of strange abilities with no easy explanation. About of 1 of 100,000 possess such abilities, with only 1 in a million having "progressive" abilities that increase tenfold over time. This has garnered the attention of political and corporate entities world wide, beginning a race to gather as much knowledge on these "Alphas" as possible. While research is still under way, a link has been found between the manifestion of one's abilites and a mix of their past and personality. Beyond Alpha stage, there are "Omegas", classification of powered humans who exceed the capabilities of entire nations and were it not for the vigilance of other Omegas, then the entire world would be further under constant threat of economic and social collapse. In Washington, they argue and reason what to do with citizens who display signs of these powers, from detaining them for the "Greater good" to full integration with the nation's military. The dangers of even the weaker powered humans "Betas" fill hours of news channels as the world soon heads in a new direction. Even a single Beta, if mad enough, can create massive havoc, with a couple of known instances of them leaving large trails of bodies when authorities fail to apprehend them. After about 3 years, a few Betas will find their powers becoming greatly enhanced, signaling that they have moved on to Alpha stage. You are part of a lucky few who have made friends with others yourself, people who have been alone and have powers that have come fresh out of the Beta stage. Characters of this group must: -Be between the ages of 21-27 -Be living in the city of Pasadena, Ca -Characters have only had their powers for about 5-6 years so far, so only been alphas for a couple of years. -Have a cover, discrimination against powereds still exists. This campaign will take place over a span of about 4-6 years depending on events. The idea is that you and your small group of friends operate locally while hearing about events going on in the global stage. As time goes on you will become stronger, and you will become more involved so timeskips are to be expected. This is also an ADULT game, bad things will happen and all the wrongs in the real world are still wrongs that can happen here, while I don't mean to offend anyone I aim for a world that works a bit like ours and that includes the human suffering that comes with it. With all that being said, I would also you like to include the word muffin somewhere in your post so I know you pass the test of attention. Skype IS a requirement. Sofar the group contains: -A strength/regen powerhouse -A dream based mentalist -TBA. I don't have much space left so if going to pick the best of whatever I see in the apps, so give it your all. Ask any questions in THIS thread, I'll be more than happy to answer. Post Appications here

Edited 1436341614
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Correction: July 30TH, not 23rd.
But, June? How are we going to make it in time for a June 2015 start time? Edit: Fixed
Its July 30th, June 23rd was a typo.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Pssst, would you like me to change the title of your thread for you? :)

Edited 1436399075
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Yes please!!!
I have a question. Would it be possible to change the day? Time is fine, but Thursday is my one day that I'm completely booked and I really want to play a M&M campaign.
I might have to do that in the future when my new school semester starts but for these current months I couldn't. Sorry
Okay, we're changing the day to Tuesdays instead of Thursdays due to one of my player's time constraints.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
So whats your new date & time for your title? :)

Edited 1436428263
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Really sorry for the changes Going to be July 21th @ 7 PM PST
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
*patpats* Trust me, you're far from a bother. ^_^
Sweet! I'll send an application when I get home. It's easier to use my laptop than my phone.
Alright, I look forward to reading it :)
Is this still going? I wouldn't mind joining it looks interesting and fun.
Ive begun doing the last pickings recently so if you want to throw in an application, please do so soon.
Yes, this is 3rd edition, I've shouldve mentioned this eariler