Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e character sheet - can't drag spell casting macros to the main screen?

I'm able to drag weapon attacks but not spell info or cast spell. Is there a trick to getting that to work? My goal is so my players don't have to hunt for their primary actions. Thank you!
If you "disconnect" the char sheet into it's own window you can't drag buttons to macros, so just open within the tab the actual game is in.
These rolls are based on repeating fields and rolls based on repeating fields cannot be dragged to the macro bar like typical rolls. It is currently a limitation. The best option would be to make specific macros for these abilities. To do this, you can press the roll button for the ability, then go to the chat box, press the up arrow. Copy and paste all of that text into an ability macro, then they can choose to have it as a token action or place it on the macro bar.
@henning I was using the default sheet that wasn't popped out. @kevin Cool, that's a great workaround. Will give it a shot!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Moving to the Character Sheet forum)
Which 5e character sheet are you using? I wanted to try this same drag-and-drop feature, but it doesn't seem to work for me, and I have a character sheet open within the same tab as my game. I guess I can use the copy-and-paste method that Kevin mentioned, but drag-and-drop would be much easier.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Exactly what Kevin said above +100 Please add a comment and/or a vote for this suggestion. We could all benefit from adding onto the repeating item feature. Official support for repeating sections in character sheets
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Please add a comment and/or a vote for this suggestion. We could all benefit from adding onto the repeating item feature. Official support for repeating sections in character sheets Please.
Brilliant, thanks for pointing me to the right forums for this.
I've been trying to figure this out, but I can't seem to drag any macros. Where can we supposedly drag and drop them?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you have the macro bar enabled (Settings) you can drag them there. I personally use token actions for pretty much everything.
Okay, thanks. I see that I can drag them to the bar under my user name and icon. But I can't seem to drag them to my top bar. I already have macros configured for that anyway. It would be nice if I could drag and configure the macros for my players without having them be present, but it looks like the user name and icon has to be present to drag them for use on the bottom bar.
The top bar is reserved for Token macros. These you make by creating on the settings tab. You can make a new macro, set it as a token action, and use the call macro for the button on the sheet like %{selected|initiative} or other things. Right click -> inspect element will help you find the %{} name for the button

Edited 1436792749
I'm trying to add my players' weapon macros to their tokens. I inspected element on the dice roll next to their weapon and ended up with something like: <button type="roll" name="roll_repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon" value="@{output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} @{show_character_name} {{title=@{repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{melee=1}} @{classactionmeleeweapon} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} \n@{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro}" class="btn ui-draggable"></button> What do I break out of there to make a macro out of it?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Christian O. said: repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon This is also documented on the 5e Shaped wiki now.
Thanks!