Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Strange wiki issue

I know this is not a Roll20 topic but hoping someone might know the resolution. We are working on a wiki for the 5e shaped sheet and I have been adding a lot recently including some significant formatting. I am not sure when it happened but now when I try to put a section at the bottom of the page, it is not registering as a section (not applying formatting, not adding it to the TOC). I tried a little debug and found that if I put something anywhere near the top, it registers fine. It is just adding it to the bottom where it is giving me trouble. If I remove that section, the next section above it then disappears. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of sections you can have on a page? If not, can someone familiar with the wiki code take a look and see if anything pops out at you? It is really bizarre and making me a little crazy why it is behaving like this. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... thanks H

Edited 1436586968
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's not a limitation of MediaWiki. I created a page on my local installation and was able to create the exact same section structure without problem, however when I copied the contents of the page, my local version failed in the same fashion. There's something on the page screwing up the parsing, but I'm not sure what it is. Edit: Removing the table from the Skill Attributes section seems to fix the section heading parsing issue, but I don't see what in that table would be causing the problem. Edit 2: Deception_Check and SleightOfHand_Check are both missing &lt;/span&gt;. Adding them appears to fix the problem. I've gone ahead and added the fix to the page for you. As a side note, you might consider: Making some templates for your frequently used styles. It would make the page source easier to read, and it would make changing your style easier, as well. Breaking the page up into subpages. It's pretty long already, and a lot of it is placeholder. You can make a subpage by creating a new page named, for example, "DnD5e Shaped Character Sheet/Attributes and Macros". Link to the subpage with something like the {{main}} template, and include a paragraph or two of text on the main page. The subpage will have a breadcrumb at the top linking back to the main page.
Brain, thank you so much for figuring it out. And thanks for the suggestions. I did not know that a template was an option, I will look into that. Subpages is also a good idea but it might be I am being too wordy anyway so content removal may also be an option. again, thanks for your help H
Brian, can you help me one more time? I feel like an idiot. I have now gone through the wikimedia help multiple times and even successfully learned to create a template. But for the life of me, I can not figure out how to upload an image. All I need is a starting point. thanks in advance H
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You need to get permission from the Roll20 team first. If you send a message to Riley or Steve K they should be able to get you hooked up.
Oh, thank you. I thought I was missing something very basic. H
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, only users in the contributors group (or administrators) can upload files. I believe a while ago there were some users trying to use the wiki as an image hosting service, which is why that permission got locked out from default access.
I see. Well we can probably have the wiki without images if that is the case. H
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If necessary, PM me the images and I'll upload them for you.