Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Simple Join/Part Greeter

Edited 1436877579
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simple Join/Part Greeter This script will announce the joins and leaves of players. Was made because we'd have players with internet problems, and not notice they dropped out of the bottom list, wondering why they didn't response for a minute or so until we realized it. It will: Announce players joining and leaving the campaign. Note if they are a [GM]. Delay the on join message just long enough for the player to see it. Its pretty straight forward, there is no options or anything to toggle, drop in your API and your good to go. git: <a href="https://github.com/dxwarlock/Roll20/blob/master/AP" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dxwarlock/Roll20/blob/master/AP</a>...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
NEAT!!!
Very nice. Thanks for shaing this! :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This is one that should be built into roll20's editor. Thank you.

Edited 1437102798
Gold
Forum Champion
I'm trying this one. Seems pretty neat. So far it works fine on 1 campaign and isn't working on another. I'll look into it and get back to you if I need some assistance. May be user-error on my part. Working fine now. The API was down for a while.

Edited 1436934126
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It might be the API, my prod server campaign isnt responding to saves, on:ready, or anything API triggered at the moment.

Edited 1437101600
I just proposed some changes on Github on your script: Removed redundant second name repetition, replaced with datetime, kept isGM. Enjoy.

Edited 1437103080
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was actually working on that to add the time. I think I like yours better, less names all over the place and looks better. Ill push it out tomorrow with your changes.

Edited 1437105563
I love the script, let's me know who's been lurking around at night :D hehe I was gonna add the time zone conversion but it looks like you got it already. You might wanna put isGM to the title GM notification more visible.

Edited 1437161121
That's awesome! Do ya think you could modify one to use the 5E template instead of the normal one? I got it partly the way I wanted, except just adding the time is a tad tricky. x.x if(obj.get("_online") == true) { setTimeout(function() { sendChat('', "&{template:5eDefault} {{title=Welcome " + name + "!}} {{ability=1}}"); }, 3000); } if(obj.get("_online") == false) { setTimeout(function() { sendChat('', "&{template:5eDefault} {{title=Goodbye " + name + "}} {{deathsave=1}}"); }, 500); <a href="http://i.imgur.com/WtCeISz.jpg?1" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/WtCeISz.jpg?1</a> I just need to add the Time and I'm good, but I keep running into errors. x.x When typing in the typical chat, I'd use {{rollname=Time}} and {{roll=}} whatever time it is, looking like this. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Welcome Benson Y. (GM)!}} {{subheader=Forgotten Realms 5E - KOLTYR}} {{weapon=1}} {{rollname=Time}} {{roll=Fri, July 17th, 2015 12:18 PM (PDT)}} &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Goodbye Benson Y. (GM)!}} {{subheader=Forgotten Realms 5E - KOLTYR}} {{spell=1}} {{rollname=Time}} {{roll=Fri, July 17th, 2015 12:18 PM (PDT)}} <a href="http://i.imgur.com/PVq08cc.jpg?1" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/PVq08cc.jpg?1</a>
Benson. Great idea, I modded the code in our campaign to reflect the changes. I also proposed changes on GitHub to William.

Edited 1437178306
Alicia
Sheet Author
As a GM who doesn't run DND and would like to use the script. Perhaps having a toggle option to customize which roll template is being used perhaps including a custom where the user can input template name, the header and the item key names. If not the latter then at least make the actual default template the default and the 5e an option rather than the code default.
I believe the default roll template will still be used. The above examples were between two people in the same campaign. On the subject of customizing the script, it is a pretty short script, easy to customize. For instance, I have my copy whisper the events to the GM.
What changes put the time in? I like the fact that is blabs it out, keeps everyone aware of things, it also seems to work with all of mny other scripts, a minor miracle...
I love scripts that make you say, "How have I been going all this time without this?"
al e. said: What changes put the time in? I like the fact that is blabs it out, keeps everyone aware of things, it also seems to work with all of mny other scripts, a minor miracle... Not sure where you put them, but here are codes for the various timestamp methods.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry guys had a busy weekend. I pushed an update with the timestamp. Was thinking of how to do templates so anyone can apply one, but only reliable way with all the templates would be you would have to put all the info into it. Since the template name, title, and rows can be called anything on any of the sheets. If I can think of a reliable and easy way to do that without making everyone learn template syntax, and having to enter each part I will.
William you can have both styles written out, just make them an option. Simply put if var = x then x will be used, if var = y then y will be used.

Edited 1437414332
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
True, but if I add the 5e one, others might want others also for other sheets templates, and there is a TON of sheets. And to make it a simple toggle Id have to go learn every sheets rolltemplate syntax and add it to the script. I either have to make it generic for everyone, or styled as an option for everyone depending on the game they play, only seems fair :)

Edited 1437416236
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also sorry I didn't merge or pull or whatnot you changes, I wasn't ignoring them. I'm doing good to push my files to github. I have no idea how to use the rest of it. Took me a year to get around to learning how to do that...haha