Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attribute accepts text, linked token displays differently

I use the left bubble/bar on tokens for Armor Class. I can put 4/1, to simulate no shield or shield used, in it if it isn't linked to my AC attribute and it is fine. The AC attribute on the sheet itself can hold values of AC:1, AC:4 or even 4/1. When I set the token to be linked to that attribute it will only show a number value, in the case of 4/1 it will show 4 (simple math). If my sheet is accepting text, shouldn't the bubble/bar as well?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
My guess would be that the act of tying the bar to an attribute causes the attribute to be evaluated as a mathematically function, resulting in 4/1 == 4. Try changing it to 6/2 and see if you get 3. Probably the best workaround would be to use something else as a separator: 4|1 4,1 4:1 etc
It deletes all of those out. 6/2 = 3, more simple math like 4/1. It won't even accept 4~1.AC:4 turns into just 4
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'll see if I can come up with something more concrete later today.
It can't deny 4.1 so I will use this unless we figure something else out.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great! Hated to leave you hanging without a solution. =D