Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help]StatusTracker with GrpInit - a problem.

I am running GroupInit, TurnMarker, TokenNameNumber, StatusTracker, SpinToken, IsGM, 5e shaped scripts all at the same time, and they seem to be working, which is really amazing. One problem I have noticed however with StatusTracker and GrpInit is that if you have a status running, when the turn counter clicks over it seems to wipe the Status record of the next character (the first). I tested this by moving a character in the order to make them a new first after turnover and their Status was wiped. So I am assuming this is a clash between GrpINit and StatusTracker... not sure who wants to fix it? Thnks anyway.
A work around is to use a token holder as the first in the Init list so it can suck up the wipe.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Kevin. I'm not completely clear on what you mean. I wrote GroupInitiative and some of those others. It sounds like Status Tracker creates a custom turn order entry to hold statuses which is meant to follow a particular token's turn entry and something happens which removes it. Is that right?

Edited 1437084601
Yes, thefirst token in the initiative tracker has its status removed the first time the tracker turn marker is triggers. So on the first turn you hot the arrow the first token is moved to the bottom and its status, if any, is dosplayed, special case for first token it is displayed retro. And then the second token status is displayed. When itgets to the end of turn marker (from Grpinit) it triggers auto, and the first icon appears without any status. I usually grab 4 tokens atonce and add athem to Grpinit, then give them all a status (be careful not to gove the pentagram a status) then click through them all. Damn bus and phone dont work well for typing.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, I'll try to take a look tonight.
Any luck with this, can you replicate it?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'll take a look tonight, sorry for the delay!  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, I replicated the issue.  It's not simple to fix.  Basically, when you're hitting the button to advance the turn, it changes the Campaign.turnorder property.  Various scripts trigger on that property changing.  StatusTracker uses that trigger to display information about the statuses for the token whose turn is now.  TurnMarker uses that trigger to advance the turn order past things that should be skipped (DM layer things and the Marker's turn).  When TurnMarker advances though, it does not trigger the event, so StatusTracker doesn't know to output it's information.  The root issue is that changes to properties by scripts do not trigger notifications of those changes.  There are various ways to fix that, but not any that I can offer you right now on the scripting side. However, you CAN work around it by adding a dummy token to the turn order and placing it after the Round Marker.  The skipping of the Round Marker by the script will land on the turn of that dummy token, then advancing to the next token's turn will output the statuses as normal.  Not an ideal solution, but it should be workable until I can write a better solution.