Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

3.5e or 4e for D&D Podcast?

Hi. I'm starting a D&D podcast soon and I'm worried about alienating listeners with my choice of edition. Right now we're using 3.5. We briefly considered using 4e but most of the people involved are against it. What do you guys think?
Uh...I'm confused. If more people involved are against it, why would the opinion of random individuals in this forum matter? Your decision should be what your players and audience wants. You should confide in them for the solution. If you have no following since you haven't even started a podcast, why are you worried? You can't win them all. Some people will like one edition and hate another, or like both. Besides, it's the story and characters that should matter rather than the edition.
Have to agree there. Read thisxpost at work, and I have to say as much as I hate 4ed I dont care what system a group uses for podcasting - its the playstyle and interaction that get my interest, not what rules they are using. Go with what the people want to play and you will have a far superior quality of game to broadcast.
Cool. Thanks guys
alot of teh DnD podcasts that i listen to they kinda mix up the rules btwn 3.5 and 4e any way and just make a ton of house rules to keep it interesting just have fun with it and send me a PM once you have the first one up with a link id love to check it out