Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] 7th Sea, 5PM GMT, Wednesdays

System: 7th Sea. Style: Character driven, RP heavy. Voice chat, Theatre of the mind. Weekly, Wednesdays 5PM, GMT (first session will be on Thursday, July 23rd, but after that Wednesdays will be the day the game will be held). Long term. This will be an RP heavy game. If you want to play a character who has no name (because you can't come up with one for the first session), or who wants to roll a bucketful of dice and watch things explode - this game is not for you. If you're looking for a chance to explore a thematically interesting character with complex motives in an interesting world, sign up now. It's certainly not to say that there won't be explosions, but they'll be deep, meaningful explosions if they do happen. The focus of our campaign will be character goals, interaction and development, and I hope that the campaign will be a long term one. Why you want me to DM for you: 1) Experience: I'm 27 with a lot of playing and GMing behind me. I know how to run a game smoothly and efficiently. 2) Stability: I'm a regular committer and will ensure that I'm always ready and prepared for sessions. 3) Clear English: While I'm not a native speaker, I speak comprehensible and clear English without much of an accent. 4) Creativity: I will endeavor to provide well written scenarios with little to no railroading. If you are interested, please contact me via Skype (my Skype login is vnergalv). Requirements: 1) Ability to speak understandable English (duh!). 2) Willingness to be a participant, not a spectator. 3) Willingness to abide to Wheaton's Law (Don't be a dick!). 4) Desire to role-play and not roll-play, ability to stay in character. 5) A decent microphone and a stable Internet connection. Notes: 1) Being well versed in the system and setting is a plus, but not a requirement. If you can read the rulebook - you are qualified enough. 2) If you post in this thread something like "I want to join", and nothing else - I will not respond. It shows that you were unable to read the LFP post from top to bottom. 3) Feel free to ask any questions in this thread. Though a Skype conversation would be preferable. 4) I never ran 7th Sea, so the game may have a bit of a slow start. 5) I am not currently sure what exact style of the game it will be, and the focus of the game will partly depend on wishes of the players, but I will be aiming to accommodate the main elements of the setting: Swashbuckling and Sorcery , Piracy and Adventure , Archæology and Exploration . I'm determined to make this game work smoothly and effectively, so I'm willing to go the extra mile to accommodate and ensure I have capable and reliable players.
Got 3 players. Still looking for 1 or 2.
I'm interested. I've played 7th Sea for a long time and love the system. My Skype is amadeusddo.
Bump!
This sounds like my kind of game. I have never played 7th Sea before, and I will not be able to participate in the first and second game due to travelling. I would be interested in joining in sometime in mid-August and will try to read the rulebook until then. If you are interested, please let me know.
Mid-August will be 4 games in, not 2. But if we are still in need of new players - no problem. Just make a bookmark of the thread, or something, so you do not forget =)
BUMP

Edited 1437703582
I can honestly say that I have never heard of 7th Sea but you make it sound very intriguing, what exactly is it like?
7th Sea is a fantasy setting that copies XVII century Europe. There is magic, fantasy creatures (though some of the creatures are a bit more believable, like ghouls, that are actually a breed of ape, and not undead) and lost civilizations. Each country has a real life prototype (Great Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Russia), and heavy use of stereotypes was made while writing the descriptions of the countries. The game uses Roll and Keep (the same core mechanic Legend of the Five Rings uses), and was based on 2nd edition of L5R. I think that the game mechanics support the swashbuckling style quite well, though the game is quite old. The books provide a lot of interesting material, and in conjunction with the setting being based on the real world, it's not that hard to replicate the atmosphere. Yesterday we had our first game, and I consider it quite a successful first session. Was fun as hell.

Edited 1437737660
This wouldn't be my first time with Roll20 and I have 5+ years of experience GMing and playing in games, but I've never played 7th Sea. Is that a problem? If not, I'm very interested. I've been ridiculously interested in 7th Sea for ages an ages but haven't had the time to set up my own game. The setting is incredible. I can get a character concept to you ASAP. Edit: A little about me - I'm English, I'm 26 and I'm an English teacher for 11-18 year olds. 
Not knowing 7th Sea is not a problem. All the players are new to the game and setting so far. As long as you are OK with the first post - you are eligible to apply. 

Edited 1438908130
I would absolutely love to be in this, But I would only really be able to play every other week.  I've played in 7th Sea games and GMed it a few times, but just love the setting so much. Ugh, I'm dumb, for some reason I was thinking GMT was Rocky Mountain time.  Ignore me.  Hope you're game ends up being amazing!
It is already amazing! Thanks! One of the best game I ran. The atmosphere is just great!
Pirates and adventure?? That sounds just bout amazing. Unfortunately i've never played 7th Sea before, but I have played a bunch of other games so I know how to song and dance works. I love rp heavy games, games like DnD and Pathfinder I have lost interest with, mainly because the GM's I had just threw monsters at us and rolled dices, not fun. I've enjoyed games like Edge of the Empire where its all roleplaying, one of my favorite games. 5 pm gmt is about 12 pm for me as I live in CST, which is actually perfect, afternoon where i'm wide awake and stuff. Hopefully you guys have room in your game for one more, if not then that's understandable, I can wait in the queue if need be lol.