Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Still no way to change the order of Token Actions?

For the love all that's holy and profane, could we please get a fix for Token Actions, so they at least stay in the same order you build them in on the Attributes and Abilities tab? I thought the problem was bad enough when I lost the ability to drag and drop the items into the order I want them. Now — many months after reporting the above problem — I've discovered that, not only is drag and dropping still impossible, but now even when I rebuild a character and get the Abilities the way I want them to appear, the order gets corrupted somehow and the macros start appearing in a random (and undesirable) order. This is a huge usability problem for me because I'd like things to appear in a persistent manner so I don't have to hunt through the macros for the ones I want. Don't care a whit about 3D dice, or the sound of dice in a cup. Please fix this one thing. Sorry so grumpy, but I just wasted hours rebuilding characters to fix this only to have them get screwed up again for no fault of my own. I don't even want to try to set the order now. Grrrr...
If I remember correctly, when it was originally coded (by like one person and in the early stages) they expected people to use maybe like 12 token actions max. I think there is a suggestion for this right now, but I wouldnt expect a fix before or during the "Interface Initiative"

Edited 1437354740
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's a trick you can try. Move one of your ability macros on the Attributes & Abilities tab. Slide it up or down in the order and toggle "Show as a Token Action". Close the journal. deselect and reselect token. Open the Attributes & Abilities tab once again, reorder the macro you moved and toggle "Show as a Token Action". deselect and reselect token to check the order. Not sure if all of that is necessary... Also, including macros from the settings sidebar (mixing ability macros with settings macros) can also cause the order of ability macros to get messed up. Hope this helps.
Vince's trick does work, but every time you add another token action you will have to do it over again. Personally, I have removed any token actions from the settings sidebar and that has helped greatly. Some of my players, spell casters especially, have over 15 token actions and they are all ordered properly. So it can be done.
I don't think *ALL* those steps are necessary. Whenever I add a new token action, I already have it set to Show as Token. I simply drag the one above it down, and repeat for the one I just created. I haven't had to toggle Show as Token, close the journal, or anything.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark G. said: I don't think *ALL* those steps are necessary. Whenever I add a new token action, I already have it set to Show as Token. I simply drag the one above it down, and repeat for the one I just created. I haven't had to toggle Show as Token, close the journal, or anything. ^Thats what i do^, the main thing to note is that having global macros set as token actions is the biggest screwer upper of the bar.
biggest screwer upper of the bar. I need to make this my sig!
I too find it annoying that the token abilities are not always but in "proper" order but I have never had any trouble changing their order by dragging.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I feel that I was able to reduce my own need to reorder token actions by naming each of mine with a single Unicode character .
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark G. said: I don't think *ALL* those steps are necessary. Whenever I add a new token action, I already have it set to Show as Token. I simply drag the one above it down, and repeat for the one I just created. I haven't had to toggle Show as Token, close the journal, or anything. It's been a while since I needed to use my "Reordering of Ability Macros Skill"... and I forgot the step of yelling at the your screen. lol