Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Song of Ice & Fire / Game of Thrones Iron Isles. Saturdays at 7:30 PM CT

Edited 1437512417
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
House Duskklaw of Nighthall As it says in the title, Campaign Link I should note I am NOT the GM, but I'm helping the GM with the campaign. I'll be perfectly happy to answer any questions you have here. ^^
Still have room for 3 players

Edited 1437548705
My Name is MLG Dolan and I support this game. 

Edited 1437565992
Hey I saw on another post that you are accepting new players for this campaign. I am new to roll playing in a table top format but I do have a very good knowledge of the GoT books, lore (and the crusader kings 2 mod so geography is fine too) just wondering what time zone this will be on  edit I'm an idiot that can't read this will be too late in the evening for me sorry
I don't know if any of the other players are playing a drowned man, so I submitted one. I can change it if it's already taken.

Edited 1437594707
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
We do NOT actually, we do have an heir and a lord-captains's brother. However, it would help if you posted a bit more info. The reason being it helps let decide between which players are picked.
Still searching for potential players!
Heya, I'm in Tahoe on my mac, so I may have missed anything you sent me on skype past few days. Name is Troy4747.  Thanks
When will you see yourself returning to civilized lands?
2 spots left

Edited 1438023706
What roles do you need filled currently, i would be happy to comply with whatever you need! I would really just like to join this campaign.

Edited 1438026645
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Currently we have two characters who are more Jack-of-All trades, the heir and his younger brother. We also  have an old salty uncle who leads a longship and contingent of raiders. Currently we might need someone more of a schemer or a political expert, anything else is fine as well but I'm staying away from pure 'fighters' and Rambo type 'quiet, serious, loyal' without extra details that make different from other ironborn. I have nothing agaisnt fighters but this isn't DnD so pure fighters without much flavor to them won't see much action. A combination schemer/fighter would be decent, honestly though, its about standing out and making a dynamic character. Ironborn CAN fight, there's no argument about that, but they do things other than just fight which is partly what I'd like to see.
I would be totally down with making a schemer! I just wasnt sure if that was a 'necessity' foe the group. Now, it would'nt make me a terrible fighter would it?
It depends on the age honestly, As a 22 year old, I had to go jack-of-all-trades. but say, 55 year olds have nearly 50% more XP to spend on skills.
Are there negatives to being older? Like maybe your not as fast, or not as strong?
Yes, older characters take more drawbacks (negative traits) and have less destiny points (points you spend when you really need things to go your way).
But overall have alot more XP to spend.
I hope I'm not too late, I posted an application in the thread.  Sounds like an awesome game.
So after some revising: Name: Allannis Duskklaw (age probably in mid 40s) Personality: Family first. She doesnt outwardly show affection for her family, but for the House. She is bold and cunning. Unlike other members of the house she battles with her wit.  Role: Allannis acts as the "mother" of the house. Dealing with politics and such with other families. Although she deals more with intrigue, she was a warrior in her youth, so an axe is nothing foreign to her if she must fight. Me: My name is Brent, Im new to the asoiaf system. Im 20 years old. I am currently reading the 4th book. Im all caught up on the show as well. Seeing as they cut the Ironborn storyline from last season im hoping to scratch my Ironborn itch with this game! ;D
You might want to add some more info, and you should post this in the application area. As for being the "mother" you make no mention of her actual position in the family, cousin, aunt, lady, etc.
Alrighty, I added more info and posted it in the application area. Does it look better now? Also, who are the other people in the house ( positions-wise, and how they are related to the family)?

Edited 1438210325
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Didn't add much writing overall, shes more an npc than a conscious character. Currently we have an uncle/master-of-ships, an heir and his devious bastard brother, a trueborn brother, and the son of a landed bannerman.
So there currently is no lord of the house? Okay, sorry. What all do you think I'm missing? She could be the Lady of the House, wife to the Lord. Or be the sister of the master of ships. I'm not used to fleshing out a character until I actually play as the character.
There is a lord but he is going to be an NPC for sure. As for whats missing, I can't really think of something missing, sister might not be a bad idea but I'd have to check.
So are choosing who is joining? If so, around when will you be choosing?
Just generally over time, the game doesn't start for another month but when an application stands out on its own is usually when it gets picked.
Are you a player or the GM? Who are you playing as?
I am not the GM, this is his first time GMing so I'm helping him by covering new players. I am playing as the heir this time because in all our previous games I was low-nobility or a retainer.
Any chance I could join, or unsure? Either way, thanks for your time, and answering my questions/being patient with me. New to the Asoiaf system, so didn't know what to expect. By the way, is there a PDF rule book online?

Edited 1438219819
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
There is no free-licensed copy online, but thats not going to be an issue. As for selection, still waiting & looking through people atm before any definite selection for the last spot.
Alright man, thanks! Just let me know
Also added a bio, if that helps at all