Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Clicking "View Your Private Messages" from "My Profile" produces error

When I click "View Your Private Messages" from "My Profile", it produces an empty white window with only the text "NoMethodError: undefined method `archivedby' for nil:NilClass". This makes my Private Messages impossible if the notification was dismissed. Please fix this.

Edited 1437587639
It works for me using Windows 2008 and Firefox 38.0 (I'm at work, don't judge! ☺) With so many tweaks and fixes being implemented, it's very possible the issue you're experiencing is limited to your session state and cache. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page (temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause any anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) ) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If one of those does fix the issue, just let us know :) If none of that resolves the issue, please follow Step 4 , so that we can have this information to further assist.
Hmm...I didn't see this error in our error logs so that's going to make it hard to track down. Are you saying you only get it when viewing your whole PM inbox?
I get it when trying to view my PM inbox; I don't succeed. They're completely inaccessible to me without a notification in that thread. I click "My Profile", then I click "View Your Private Messages", and I get a blank screen with that error.
@Tenacious Techhunter, We pushed out some updates. Can you test if this is still happening? If it is, can you clear your cache and try again? Can you provide us the info from the step Mark G. posted above?
Latest Chrome, no extensions, cleared the browser cache, reloaded the page, same result; bug not fixed. This is cross-platform; happens on both PCs and Macs. Log shows only one thing: “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)”
It seems like this is being caused by the number of PMs you have in your inbox that aren't archived. I am working on Private Message pagination and once that's in it will solve the problem.
We've added pagination to Private Message inboxes. If you had a lot of PMs (hundreds or more) previously and you were getting a 504 error while loading your inbox this should fix that problem as well. Please let us know if you have any other issues by creating a new thread.