Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Asset library management improvements

Edited 1437718489
I'd love to see some TLC given to the asset library. Right now, it's moderately useful when you just want to search, but browsing and organizing isn't quite as good as it could be. I think a good solution would be to provide two views for browsing: a grid layout similar to what we have now, and a table/list of items with additional metadata about each item. Here's a list of the data I see being useful: Original file information File name File size Dimensions Tags Campaigns / pages where the asset is being used Date uploaded or added to library Source (marketplace or upload) Type of asset Background Character / monster token Overlay (spell effects, clouds, etc) Terrain (buildings, trees, ground cover, etc) Here are a couple mock-ups to give an idea of one way I think this could look. It's not necessarily what I would consider a final version, but should give a pretty good idea of the direction I'd like to see this go. Neither mock-up includes everything in my bullets above, but they are a start. Grid layout: Table layout:

Edited 1437762941
Gold
Forum Champion
You may also consider adding your Comments and vote +1 on this popular, related Suggestion: Folders in Addition to Tags for ALL Resource Management <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1878391/folders-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1878391/folders-</a>... Your write-up may go beyond the scope of that thread, but I think parts are directly related and would be a nice addition. I recognize that you have nicely compiled a thread about various aspects of Library management specifically and for that reason, your Suggestion thread also stands nicely on its own. If you decide that another thread is a match or duplicate and you choose to migrate there to combine voting power, users can recover your +1 from this thread (subtract from the triangle icon) and the thread starter can delete the thread to hide it. Also, note that Roll20 is bringing out the Interface Initiative update this week that touches on some of these areas. There are ongoing updates-changes in the Marketplace and in your access to Marketplace Sets Purchased, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2223226/new-desi" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2223226/new-desi</a>... " [New] The Your Library page of the Marketplace now has a list of sets you've purchased at the top of it. [New] Marketplace receipt emails now include a direct link to the item you purchased in them, just in case." Of course your Suggestion is still more developed and is a valid suggestion! Thank you for providing the screenshot-style mock ups too.
@Gold, thanks for the feedback. I had already given my +1 to that post, but I just added a more detailed comment with my suggestions. I'd love to see both of these suggestions get implemented in the long run. I wish there were a way for users who are also programmers or designers to help out with improvements like this. Obviously, there are a number of reasons why Roll20 isn't open source, but I'm sure I am not the only person who would be happy to contribute. :-)
Moved my vote from my own related suggestion to here, so we can concentrate our votes.
+1
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .