Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Experienced with RPGs, but new to Dungeon World, want to try it. (GMT +3)

Is there anyone running, or willing to run a Dungeon World one-shot?  I've read the rules, and it's intriguing to me, but I need to see it in action.  I'm available to play many Mon.-Wed. evenings GMT +3 (7 hours ahead of Eastern time US), and sometimes on weekends. I've looked on the LFG tool, but didn't find anyone running Dungeon World in my time zone/language (English).
I have wonderful news!  I am currently working on a DW campaign for either Mon or Wed evening your time.  Two things though.  One I am more interested in a campaign then a one shot.  Two, I would prefer to play the World of Dungeons version which has a more OSR feel to it.  If these interest you please let me know.  If necessary I can send you the World of Dungeons pdf pamphlet.
I'll look up the World of Dungeons pdf - is it free?  As far as a campaign goes, I'm theoretically not opposed, but I am already running something - would this be weekly?  Also, I want to try it out before I commit to a long running campaign - would you be opposed to me playing a session or two with an option to continue?
It comes with the Dungeon World pdf.  If you have the pdf, look up all the extras.  If not then I can send you a PM.
Ian S. said: It comes with the Dungeon World pdf.  Ah, so it does.  Found it.  I thought that was just a character sheet, didn't look past the first page.
Tell you what, I will forma group.  The first session at least will try to be somewhat self contained.  If people chose to leave afterward then there will be no hard feelings.  Assuming that works for you, which day do you prefer?  How early can you start?  When do you need to stop by?
Ian S. said: Tell you what, I will forma group.  The first session at least will try to be somewhat self contained.  If people chose to leave afterward then there will be no hard feelings.  Assuming that works for you, which day do you prefer?  How early can you start?  When do you need to stop by? Ok, sounds good to me.  I prefer Mondays.  I can start as early as 8pm GMT+3 (1pm Eastern Daylight Time), and I like to finish by 11pm GMT+3 (4pm Eastern Daylight Time).

Edited 1437841584
Ajax
Pro
Although I run almost exclusively fully scripted, interactive Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, I have recently read the Dungeon World Rules and have found some of the concepts very useful even in my D&D games. That said I tried to weigh the pros and cons and came up with an idea for a Game that contains what I consider the best elements of both systems, but still never having actually played a Dungeon World game my ideas may not work. I would consider trying to Run a Dungeon World game consisting of a few sessions... From what I could tell a One Shot Dungeon World game would be difficult to run because there wouldn't be enough time for any kind of immersion and the entire premise of the game is the player/world interaction... I would certainly like to join a game, at least for a few sessions just to get my feet wet, if anyone is going to run a DW game please let me know, thank you... -Ajax