Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text Justification in non-scripted Roll Templates?

Is there any way, short of script/css, to stop the text from being right justified? I notice in the wiki there appear to be two different types of output:        I look at the formatting for wiki examples and I see NOTHING different: &{template:default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{damage=[[2d6]]}} &{template:default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{note= This is some note content}} {{Saving Throw= vs Will}}
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nothing is different between those two examples. Both have a bolded, right-aligned left column and a regular left-aligned right column. You can "omit" the lefthand label by making it label be one or more spaces: &{template:default} {{name=Example}} {{ =This row has no label.}} {{ =This row is "labeled" with 2 spaces, because labels need to be distinct from one another.}}
So in the examples, the Attack is n a different spot because the largest text is deciding the justification. No way to make the left-justified only then, correct?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Correct. The first example just has the left column wider than in the second example, because the second example has more text trying to fit into the right column.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Too bad Pro subscribers couldn't define their own templates to use outside of what's included for a given sheet.  It's nice having &{template:default} as a fallback, but it's VERY generic... and purple.  :-)
Vince said: Too bad Pro subscribers couldn't define their own templates to use outside of what's included for a given sheet.  It's nice having &{template:default} as a fallback, but it's VERY generic... and purple.  :-) That's what !power script is all about my friend!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
 I agree.  I went down the powercard road a long time ago.  I still use a custom sheet and macros for my campaign.  There's things I like about both, but powercards are still winning out.  That said, allowing gm/players to use a custom roll template might solve your problems working with default purple.
You can fudge the spacing a bit if you omit the = sign all together, actually.
You cant make it go all the way over to the left side unless you use a WHOLE lot of........... I want it like an index in a book: subject all the way on the left, number all the way on the right, like I figured out how to do with a a little css tweaking:
could you provide the macro code for that please?
It isn't a macro. it is a scripting override for my browser. It changes my view but no one else's. Runs inside a plug-in you have to install for Chrome of Firefox