Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Dynamic Lighting not working

1437934380

Edited 1437937920
I'm really new to roll20, and I just subscribed. &nbsp;I'm trying to get the dynamic lighting to work, and I think I'm missing something obvious. &nbsp;I've changed the page settings to enable dynamic lighting and set the GM opacity to full. &nbsp;I expected the token I added, which is set to emit light, to be a source of light, but the whole scene is still lit up. &nbsp;I started the campaign before I subscribed, so maybe I have to start over? I noticed some errors in the javascript console, I'm editing to include them: chrome-extension://boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd/cast_sender.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED Error in program linking:e @ app.js?1437884211:4 *** Error compiling shader '[object WebGLShader]':e @ app.js?1437884211:4 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.firebaseio.com https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.opentok.com https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.google-analytics.com</a>". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-N4rT-GhE0K4LJ4zTB64Bkmk5xSsA8M7MPSk1qY82nAQ='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.firebaseio.com https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.opentok.com https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.google-analytics.com</a> ". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-T0ejdUzsoCyUfJDXggW55Nz_eGeHRIgbBnzPcJejkEo='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. I'm toying around with it, and if I open a new tab and "join game" again, the dynamic lighting works. &nbsp;I can edit the campaign as usual in this tab, however one thing that I forgot to mention, is that when I first start (every time I open a campaign) I get a webGL error in Chrome &nbsp;"Rats! WebGL hit a snag" with a button to Ignore or Reload. &nbsp;I always reload and I don't get the error. &nbsp;What's different when opening the same campaign in a new tab (when the dynamic lighting works) I don't get that error. When I reload the first tab, and I get the "Rats! WebGL hit a snag" error, if I don't choose Ignore or Reload, the dynamic lighting works. &nbsp;The only errors in the console when I don't choose either option are errors 4 & 5.
I don't think you would need to make a new game but I'll double check on that. Just to clarify, have you tried disabling your addons and clear your cache? You can find the instructions on how to do that here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> .&nbsp;
Yes, I have tried both of those. &nbsp;It kinda looks like the WebGL snag that Chrome is complaining about might be the start of the problem. &nbsp;I haven't taken a look at the source code, but it might be something along the lines of certain methods are called when the page loads, but when Chrome reloads webgl, those methods aren't being called again, leading to errors 1-3. &nbsp;Which I think happen in reverse order. &nbsp;I should have copy and pasted in the correct order, sorry about that.
1438098775
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sean do you have any addons or extensions that might be interrupting the WebGL or the JavaScript? I'm assuming you're using Chrome. Can you try running through&nbsp; these steps ?
I haven't installed anything that should logically interfere with WebGL, but I did try it with all my addons disabled and it still is happening. Here are my browser details: Operating System Windows Windows 8.1 Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Web Browser Chrome 44.0.2403.89 Browser Size 1525 x 887 IP Address Color Depth 24 Javascript Enabled Flash Version 18.0.-1 Cookies Enabled User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2403.89 Safari/537.36 Just as a side note, I don't mind giving you more information if you need it, but I can get through it by just ignoring the WebGL issue. &nbsp;But again, if you want my help to figure out why my browser is throwing a fit, I have no problem with it. &nbsp;As a web developer myself, I can definitely understand the urge to solve it.
1438645888
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, Sean. Sorry I haven't responded earlier. I missed this in my pre-GenCon sweep. I'm 99% sure your issue is specific to your set up as I've never seen it's like. If you'd like we can continue to bang at it, as you shouldn't have any issues loading in Dynamic Lighting the first time. Let us know!