Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Updates + Bugfixes 7/25 - 7/31

Edited 1438109632
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Just one thread for this week since we'll be at Gen Con. Here's the things we've fixed/updated about the new design based on community feedback: (You can view last week's threads here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2223226/new-des" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2223226/new-des</a>... ) Design Changes We've changed the way that the top menu works on desktop browsers. Now the menu will auto-open when you hover your cursor over it. In addition, you can click on the menu title (e.g. "Community") to go to the first link in the drop-down. The mobile menu will retain the old behavior. We've changed the Community menu to have a community highlights section, where we will have a curated listing of both Roll20-created and community-created content. For example, Twitch streams, API scripts, forum posts, videos on YouTube, etc.&nbsp; Not really a design change, but we spent the morning upgrading our database hardware to keep up with the increased traffic we're seeing since the Interface Initiative update went live. [Tuesday] The "Creator" and "GM" badges for the game search page have been moved off of the game icons to a different place. [Tuesday] The Marketplace browse search results page has received a few design tweaks. [Tuesday] The Marketplace set pages will now display all the global tags for an item if you hover over it with your mouse. [Tuesday] We've updated the effect that blocking a user has. Now when you block a user all 1 on 1 PM conversations from that user will be removed from your PM inbox completely, and in addition all messages from that user in group PMs will be hidden. This is in addition to the existing functionality which grays their comments on the public forums and prevents the user from sending you any new PMs. [Tuesday] Fixed a bug which would cause the days to be incorrect when searching through the LFG listings from some timezones. This Week's Priorities Fix the browse results page on the Marketplace to work better on smaller screen sizes. Move game search page badges. Fix character sheet max field not updating bug Fix lag for sheets that have large amounts of attributes while using the token settings dialog lag bug. Thanks!
You guys are awesome! Have a great Gen-Con!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Excellent!
Updated a few more things today, noted above with the [Tuesday] tag in the original post.
I have a few more suggestions about the site with respect to the forums. In the main forum window are three top links for All Topics, Followed, and Mark as Viewed. However when you click All Topics, these links are gone. The same can be said if you click Followed. My suggestion is that the link clicked should be present and changed to a Main Forum link. Now, I know I can click on the Community menu at the top but the consistency should be there I think. Finally when I click on Mark as Viewed, I would like my notifications cleared. I may be wrong but the only way to clear the notifications is to either visit each of the messages that are new or click Dismiss All. I think if you visit the message, all notifications for that particular topic should be cleared and if that can not work then Mark All Viewed should clear them. Only suggestions. Have a great GenCon. H
I also would like for All Topics and Mark As Viewed links to appear at the top when you go to this link: app.roll20.net/forum/alldiscussions