Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP Monday's 7p-10p EST D&D 5E

We recently, lost a player who unexpectedly dropped and our party is down a Fighter. You will have the option of taking over either the existing fighter (Human 8th level, Battle Master) or if you prefer create a new Fighter, Paladin or Barbarian. Who are we? We are a group of old five old friends, playing after a many, many year hiatus. Our adventure is homebrewed, taking place  on the sword coast. We have been relearning as we go and tend to be hack and slasher dungeon crawlers, though other play types are welcome. We have fun, we are don't don't take things too seriously and try to have fun every week. I am the humble DM, I would love to offer this spot to someone who can't find a game, or just dying to play and hasn't been able too. and don't mind a group of old farts. Newbies welcome. We player over Roll20 system for Audio and Video, though we typicall shut off the video. Let me know why you should be that player... I would live to get this new player on onboard in the few days and ready for next Monday  
we are not actually a bunch of old farts, we range from mid 40's to mid 50's and our "humble DM " put's a lot of work into our adventures and does not make it easy on us, everyone of our players have been down to 0 hp more than once, but he also makes it very fun to play in his games. We just need someone we can count on. We have been through 3 people that seem to not be able to make a commitment. Typical group that is there for the fun of it. If you can't make the commitment please don't bother, tired of have our play interrupted by people that just drop out. 
I would've been down to get in on this, but I hate jumping into campaigns that've already started. That mixed with my general inexperience with 5E counts me out. I hope you find someone who works in this time frame, and if you ever start up something new feel free to PM me guys
i would actually like to do this but.. the one thing that bugs me is pure combat, etc, i actually like the use of our skills.. which i don't see much, like if we're exploring a dungeon.. there should be a trap, something somewhere. a hole.. cave collapse something.. if y'all do that kind of stuff also.. then u can count me in lol. though also.. i am a 5e noob, and the myth weavers char sheet confuses the hell out of me. i am familiar with 3.5e so trying to get used to it is a bit challenging. i would play a barbarian in place of the battle master likely half-orc if thats fine. neutral good alignment i am 18 so.. im a young'lin lmao. but rpg's r my thing and i decided to try D&D roughly a year ago now, i been in a few games but the one i actually liked didn't last long. and the rest didn't work out. if you want to ask me anything go ahead. i'll leave my skype here if u want to contact me there travist10111, would be faster.
Hi! I was actually looking to join in a 5e game assuming you are willing to work sith me on something. If not I understand and wish you luck. I really want to play an evocation focused Eldritch Knight, but with the caveat that all of my spells are lightning and thunder themed; doing the appropriate damage. Sadly, there is not enough spells in 5e of those elements to actually make this character a reality. Would the lot of you have any issue with changing the damage types on some extra spells to thunder (is it called thunder or sonic?) and lightning (or is it called static?) I personally do not feel this is a huge request but in the past have been rejected for simply asking several times. About Me: I am about half your ages (22) but consider myself very mature (though lighthearted). I have been playing Tabletop RPGs for a while now and enjoy the thematic of collaborative storytelling. I am a writer and roleplayer of several years and the character in question for this campaign is Dharahl, the Stormscarred. I have a good quality microphone and webcam, and understand how to play 5th edition as I have made forays into the past. I will mention that Dharahl does use a shield and plate armor so if you are looking for a frontliner there is none better. If you think we would be a really good fit but are not okay with the request I have made then I will be willing to discuss other options and indeed have a few in mind. It is just that you requested a fighter and this was the first one that I am dying to try. (There are three more; two fighters and a barbarian)
Hello. I'm 37 and currently DM for my family group on Friday nights when we can get together so I'm fairly familiar with the rules. I used to play when I was in middle school and picked up Starter Set last year and my group has been working through that and a homebrew campaign as well. And no, I'm not a rules lawyer - just wanna have fun. My group is pretty laid back as well. I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter so you might her in the background every once and awhile. My wife is cool with me playing. You don't have to worry about my work schedule. I'm an attorney so maybe a few times a year I would be late to a session but I can give you a heads up usually a few weeks in advance. I have a character currently rolled - dragonborn paladin that I could level up to 8 and send to you or would be happy to take over current character. I'm look for a stable group as well. My family group isn't able to get together often enough for me which is why I'm looking for another group and I don't mind DMing as I kind of want to run the modules if okay. If not, that's fine too.
Hi - if you are still looking, I'm interested.  I'm Brendan and am 50 yo.  I started with roll20 a few months ago after many years of not playing at all. So far so good, 5e is a blast.   I'm East coast US, so the time is perfect.   When i played years ago (1e) we did all the classics (before they were Classics -(Against the Giants through to Demonweb, Barrier Peaks etc).  These were definitely dungeon crawl/hack and slash - so very comfortable with that style.  I like the challenge of combat but also like to laugh a bit and not take it personal if the dice go against me. If i do something stupid, I should pay the price.  Also, I'm not so big on developing elaborate backstories for characters but if it is important to the campaign, then no problem, of course i can do it. Please feel free to give the slot to someone who has had more difficulty finding a campaign on here - i've been fortunate so far and that has not been an issue for me.  I DM a group on Sunday's which helps me get my fix in!  So not a big deal if you give the slot to someone else.  As to playing a fighter, no problem.  I'd be happy to take over the existing character.  I think all character classes are fun to play in this edition.
We are all set!