Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Script Requests Tracker on GitHub

I've just set up a new GitHub repository ( <a href="https://github.com/manveti/roll20-api-script-reque" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/manveti/roll20-api-script-reque</a>... ) as a place to track script requests (and script bugs).&nbsp; My hope is to provide a centralized location for all the great script ideas people here have, where script writers can go for inspiration. The repository itself is essentially empty, but the issue tracker is where the fun will happen.&nbsp; Anyone with a GitHub account can create issues (and accounts are free).&nbsp; Issues can be any of the following: bug: A crash or failure of an existing script. enhancement: A request for new features for an existing script. new script: A request for a new script to be written. Obviously, this will only work if there's a decent level of buy-in from the community.&nbsp; I've added a few issues from my todo list to prime the pump, but I'd love to see others add some as well.&nbsp; Issues can only be assigned to collaborators, so if you're a script writer and interested in getting onboard, please either post or PM me your GitHub username and I'll add you to the repo.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not presently aware of any bugs in my own scripts, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I think something like this is a good thing to have, particularly since, even though people can submit bugs to the official repository's tracker, nobody but the devs (who are by and large not the script authors) gets notifications about it. I'm Lithl on GitHub.
Added. Yeah, I originally rejected the idea of using a GitHub issue tracker because it really only works well if all the script writers are collaborators (with push access), and that seemed like a bad idea.&nbsp; It wasn't until now that it occurred to me that the tracker could be in a throw-away repository where push access doesn't matter.
Might as well cross-link the related suggestion .