Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

PayPal for the Marketplace?

Just this. I think that would be good to allow PayPal for purchasing Marketplace game assets. A number of people isn't comfortable purchasing directly from their credit cards. So, would it be possible to implement a PayPal payment choice in Roll20 Marketplace? That is my suggestion.
You have my vote on that feature. +1
Thank you, Patrick. I really think that implementing PayPal would further sales. I myself was going to pick a token pack yesterday from the Marketplace, but the own website of the author is offering the PayPal option for the same packs. I haven't picked the tokens yet (a bunch of cool hobgoblins); I'm postponing it while waiting for reactions to implementing this way of payment here.
We are considering adding this, but it's going to require quite a bit of work and so it's probably not going to be finished anytime in the near future. You should absolutely feel free to purchase them on the author's site directly via PayPal if that option is available and you prefer it -- we really don't keep very much beyond payment fees from 3rd party Marketplace sales, anyway; the vast majority goes directly to the authors. Anyway, it's a good suggestion, and one we've been given several times since the Marketplace opened, so we're not dismissing it, just being upfront about the likelihood that it's going to be finished in the next week :-)
Hi Riley D., There is no real hurry on my part concerning that token pack. I'm just glad to hear that you are considering the idea. Thanks for your answer!
Yeah, anything web-sales related should eventually use Paypal. I understand the difficulty implementing it though, but its definitely worth the effort in the long run. *thumbs up*
Question: I know that items bought through the marketplace are not part of your storage total, but if you're buying them from the artist's site, and having to download them to your pc, then drag and drop, is THAT added to your storage total?
Question: I know that items bought through the marketplace are not part of your storage total, but if you're buying them from the artist's site, and having to download them to your pc, then drag and drop, is THAT added to your storage total? Yes