Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[New AD&D 2E] sheet in progress needs some DM input for monster section content/layout.

I have created a custom character sheet for AD&D2E. I am doubtful it can be out onto the repository or made official because I have built into it a customized blind roll for blind template rolls for thieving skills to the DM. I will be hosting it in completed form on github eventually, so if you are Pro level, you could get the custom coding. Here is how it is laid out currently. Attributes correspond to the current 2E sheets, style is based on Octoba's 5E sheet: I am now onto the subject of a monster data section/tab and am curious as to what information other AD&D DMs feel they would require on a monster section? I am very open to suggestion, so please, feel free. Even share scans of monster sheets from your home game as reference if you like. I personally just copy and paste the Monster Manual entries into the bio and information section, but I know others may not want to use that approach. Thank you in advance, OldSchoolChris

Edited 1438396036
Wes
Sheet Author
Hey O.S.Chris! I'm Curious as I have done some work on a custom AD&D 1 sheet. Have you tinkered around with Thac0 in a roll template?
As per the 1E charts? No. I use 2E combat Thac0 and all my tokens, pc or otherwise, use a Thac0 attribute for determining what AC is actually hit.
Hey Chris Hope all is well, and thanks for all your work!  I am currently using your sheet in my campaigns and about all I would like to see on the monster side is Hit Points in addition to Hit Dice.   Again man thanks so much. greg make mine Gygax
Thanks for your input. I am adding roll-able combat section right now since I figured out last night why my checkboxes for weapon proficiencies wouldn't play nice. Not add-able, but 9 weapon and some ranged weapon stuff, using the builtin roll templates for output with your roll. Any repeated weapon information will need to be re-added manually. How did you get the sheet? I don't remember sending it to you :P
That's that I guess, only one response in the two AD&D groups that I posted this in and a couple here. I will put in monster Hit Dice to HP and leave it at that. I CAN put it in the sheet, but then every creature whose token comes from the sheet will have that same random sheet. A macro that rolls each targeted token's HP would be better. Thanks for the advice, Greg.
UPDATE:  Things added by suggestion: monster + to hit attribute. monster + damage attribute. max HP attribute, calculated by ammount entered into the hit dice attribute. monster initiative modifier attribute. monster initiative button right next to modifier attribute. monster saves attributes, with roll button for each save. Anything else?
How do you handle special attacks and defenses from the monster? Say a basilisk's gaze or a mind flayer psionic attack?
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks for your work on this project. I use the other 2nd Edition Character Sheet that is currently in the community sheets repository. But I will be checking out your sheet and trying this soon (perhaps in the Draculon campaign?).
Brian A. said: How do you handle special attacks and defenses from the monster? Say a basilisk's gaze or a mind flayer psionic attack? How do I handle them personally?  I make macros for the creature based on the power description. I have a unique character sheet for each type of monster used. How does the sheet handle them? It currently simply holds the monster information for you, just as the available AD&D 2E sheet does. I will look into adding fields for names of powers and have an output button for each. Gold said: Thanks for your work on this project. I use the other 2nd Edition Character Sheet that is currently in the community sheets repository. But I will be checking out your sheet and trying this soon (perhaps in the Draculon campaign?). Yes, Phillip will be using my latest version so you will get a close-up and personal look at the new sheet in game, You can be a play tester and I will give you credit! NOTE : Switching from the current 2e sheet to my version should only remove any repeating field information. I kept all the same attribute names to make transition of my own campaign easier. Still, to be safe, if anyone intends on trying this sheet out, make a duplicate of your campaign and install this sheet's html/css. if anything is missing/different, the players or the DM can copy and paste between the old sheets and the new.
Minor update: added the /w gm function to the monster initiative roll template
how does one go about trying this sheet out? It doesn't appear in the sheet list in campaign settings
No, it doesn't. It isn't released yet. I don't understand how to get it up to the hub and we are still play testing it. I can, and will, PM you a link to the game I use for testing it.