Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Back from Gen Con: What's next?

Edited 1438796983
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Hey everyone! The Dev Team is back from Gen Con! We had a great trip, not only bringing home our third ENnies Gold award for Best Software on behalf of the community, but also getting the chance to interact with some of the folks who use the site on our panel. Overall it was a great trip for us, and thanks to those of you who voted and also those who were able to attend in person. Now that we're back, I wanted to update everyone on our short-term plans for "what's next." This week's main priorities will remain working to fix bugs from the Update Initiative. There are a few new ones that were discovered while we were gone relating to image uploads and chat functionality that I want to get fixed ASAP, and we still have two major bugs on our agenda involving the token settings dialog box for really complicated character sheets and the max field for character sheets that I want to get knocked out. After that, we're going to be doing a "mini update" which will probably take around 6 weeks to complete that will allow us to focus primarily on the Jukebox feature, as well as some other things that we had to cut at the last minute from the Interface Initiative update because we ran out of time (like a new in-app tutorial for new users to replace our aging videos). After that, we'll do our next major update, which will focus primarily on features for our "power users." We haven't fully narrowed down what's going to make the cut for this yet, but we are most definitely reviewing a lot of the top suggestions on the Suggestions Forum for ideas (and I've left some comments on a few posts to indicate what we're thinking).  Long-term planning aside, here's the status of our progress for this week: This Week's Priorities Fix a bug with the token settings dialog being extremely laggy for complicated character sheets such as the 5th Edition (Shaped) Sheet . Fix a bug where updating the _max value of an attribute on a sheet doesn't update the other _max attributes immediately. Fix a bug where image uploads are silently failing for users who are over their quota. Fix a bug where you can't upload "jpeg" images, only "jpg" images. Fix a bug causing the chat to break when you reference a roll template that does't exist (or was removed) from the game. Continue to work on updating the Wiki to make sure that everything is correct regarding the changes made in the Interface Initiative update. Catch up on all the email, forum posts, etc. that accumulated during the Gen Con trip. Additional Fixes Added the ability to click on images which are uploaded on the forums and see the large version of the image in a lightbox. Changed to using "thumb" sizes of images for profile pictures on the site; the appearance hasn't changed but the amount of bandwidth used to view pages such as forums that have lots of profile pictures should now be much smaller. Added some additional links to the menu bar, including a link to the Development Server for Pro users under the Games dropdown. Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I love reading the developer feedback here!  Nothing gets me more excited than hearing about the things that might be happening in the near future!  =D
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Riley D. said: Fix a bug with the token settings dialog being extremely laggy for complicated character sheets such as the 5th Edition (Shaped) Sheet. First that I've heard of this I think, though glad it's being fixed. Along with the max bug. Thanks Riley. Congrats on the win!
Some additional bug fixes and changes went out just now, the original post has been updated accordingly.
Added the ability to click on images which are uploaded on the forums and see the large version of the image in a lightbox. WOOT!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
HoneyBadger said: Added the ability to click on images which are uploaded on the forums and see the large version of the image in a lightbox. WOOT! I click on small forum images all the time (my old age=poor eye-sight) thinking that it would open a larger image.  An update that I didn't even think was on the Devs radar. Yay!!!
Gold
Forum Champion
The clickable forum images is working nicely on my Campaign / Game Forums as well as the public Roll20 forum. This is excellent and may save my group a lot of time from Dropbox'ing or Google Drive to share the full size images. As myself already a big fan & user of Z-key and Shift-Z to pop-up full screen images lightboxed in the Roll20 tabletop, I really love seeing this ability now come to the Forum and play-by-post side.