Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Adding a Read-only Option for Other Players to View Character Sheets

Per a suggestion from Pat S. of the Roll20 Mod Team, I'm posting this suggestion here. Until recently, because I had been serving as a GM and not playing on Roll20, I had no idea that players must be given full editing and control over another character in order to see that character's full character sheet with all tabs. Otherwise, other players can only see the Bio & Info tab. This is undesirable for a number of reasons. In games that I run, I want players to have full access to all of the tabs of other players' character sheets without giving them editing and control of those characters. I would prefer for them to have a better idea of each player's skills, background, and abilities, and it also helps them learn more about other character classes, races, and so on. Also, this is important for mentoring other players. The GM of one of my campaigns has been organizing sessions for new players, and I wanted to be able to help him check other players' character sheets, offer feedback, and answer questions about them. New players were looking for this help, and they could also benefit from seeing each other's sheets in detail to learn more about a particular game and how characters are created. But it's better to avoid granting control and editing capabilities unless it's truly necessary, and that's not a level of access that I need or want as a player. So I would like to see a read-only option that allows players to see each other's complete character sheets and all tabs without granting them full control and editing capabilities. This would seem to be a simple proposition in theory, and I'm hopeful that we might see this option it in the future.
Gold
Forum Champion
I would like this too, and plan to lend a vote to this thread when I have a vote open up. I've played D&D for 30+ years and my groups have always passed around character sheets, looked at each other's character sheets. It is very strange to my gaming group, that Roll20 DM's are currently unable to show someone's Character Sheet Tab to the other players, even if they have View permissions.
Gold
Forum Champion
It has come to my attention that there is another, earlier thread for this same Suggestion idea. The other thread has a higher vote count. Greg, Please add your Comments and Vote +1 on this related Suggestions link, if you agree! GM option to expose character sheets to other players <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1823028/gm-optio" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1823028/gm-optio</a>...
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .