Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3D Dice roller Issues and Requests

Would it be easier for the dev team to have all of these in one place or should we all post them separately? If it is better in one thread then here you all go. If separate than here are some things I have come across so far: When using the 3D dice with the exploding Function (!! or !) Dice will not explode more than once. Ex. /roll 3d10!!k2 I roll 10, 4, 3. Program rolls another die to add to the 10, it comes out as a 10 also. Program does not roll another die to keep adding it just makes the results 20, 4, 3 with a total of 24. I play L5R and it deals with exploding dice a lot. Another minor request would be to add a d100 to the roller, or instead of one d100 it could 2 d10 and use one for the ten place and one for the ones place denoting the tens place die with a 0 after the number. Example being it rolls 2 ten sided die as one d100 rolling 80 on one and 3 on the other giving a 83. I would also like to request that the rolled die stay on the table until clicked away or something as the effect goes away rather quickly. Still, great job on the dice. Nice work all!
seconding the "dice stay until action" suggestion
The dice could stay until the next set is rolled.
If they stayed until the next set is rolled than once someone rolls dice you could never not have dice on the screen.
I love the dice but I also want them to stay a couple of seconds longer on the table. If not just to be able to gloat about that critical hit I just rolled. :)
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll let the dev team know about the issues. Currently, we're looking into a solution for the d100 or d%, but it's a little tougher to impliment ( because a d100 would probably just keep rolling around the screen forever, and we'd need to figure out a way to pair a set of d10's which is tougher than it sounds ) The duration that the dice stay on the screen is another matter that might require some tweaking, since there's a pretty wide range of opinions about how long they should be there. We're open to suggestions though :)
since there's a pretty wide range of opinions about how long they should be there. We're open to suggestions though :) They should stay until: (a) 60 seconds have passed, OR (b) another player throws dice, OR (c) the player who threw them clicks somewhere in the map area, OR (d) the player who threw them sends a chat message. In addition, the local display of dice another player has thrown should go away when a player clicks somewhere in the map area. Feature request: The player who threw the dice can drag&drop them around on the page. The new location is broadcast to the other players and the moved dice become permanent until that player deletes them. (So basically they become tokens when dragged.)
Chat message shouldn't get make dice go away. What if it is a player that has no voice ability and can only use text. If he asks a question about his roll after he rolled it then the dice go away.
my vote is for this order, highest precedence first: 1. GM clicks clear 2. Roller clicks clear 3. GM-set time of expiry passes.
Simple solution. Dice should stay until the GM types in /wipe dice That way he can also make it a quick macro button as well.
Saul Wynne
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Simple solution. Dice should stay until the GM types in /wipe dice That way he can also make it a quick macro button as well. Great idea or... maybe a graphical button fades in below the final dice rolling destination, that only the GM and dice roller can see. that removes the Dice when clicked.
Also, could you add a few more fields to the advanced 3D dice rolls? Right now I can do something like 2D10+1, but I can't just put in, say, 1D10+1D6+1 for example (unless through the text window, which isn't the point).
The dice roller window will always be a compromise between ease of use and features. At this point I think we're happy with the dice roller window being a way to make simple rolls and macros/text to do more complex rolls.
For what is worth, I've talked with some people about Roll20's 3D dice, and they would like to be able to "pick the dice" (mouse click: drag) and "to shake them" by moving the mouse for throwing them (mouse button release: drop), instead they being "automatically" launched. They say that this would provide to them a stronger "feel" of they actually making the dice rolls --even if the result is random anyway.
For me the 3d dice don't work at all, if I type a dice roll or use the dice roller window with 3d dice activated, nothing happens. In the error console I get this message: L parseRollExpression: 1 dice from: /roll 1d4 app.js:31d4 - E doRolls app.js:3Roll d4 app.js:31d4 - L doRolls app.js:3executing group roll! app.js:3creating scene! app.js:3renderer already added app.js:3done with mesh! app.js:3heard external roll! app.js:3Already rendering, can't show dice roll! app.js:3shape is ready physijs_worker.js:423TypeError: Type error On the webgl site I see the spinning cube, so that is working. I am using Safari Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.2).
ditto on the d100 roll. Even if the dice were two different colors that would solve the problem, to be honest.
please implement a repeat function on rolling
I know this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to add a request regarding the 3D dice. Would it be possible to not show the little text box with the results of the roll attached to each die. It's a bit anticlimactic to watch the dice rolling when you can see there is already a result there.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Trigan, a bug report thread is not the proper place to propose feature changes/requests. That is what the suggestion forum is for.
Title of the thread: "3D Dice roller Issues and Requests" I'm sorry, but I found this thread using the search feature and had no idea it was in the wrong forum.