Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Persistent chat log

I've seen that players can log in even while the GM isn't logged in. This can be handy for people who may decide to play by post between regular sessions, but the chat log isn't persistent. Meaning that if Bob rolls to-hit, and damage overnight, there's nothing in the chat log when the GM logs on in the morning. With this there should be a GM option to clear the chat log from time to time. Edit: I see where chat archives are on the to-do list. Easy to tie this in with that... ;-)
Hm. The chat log is already persistent. So if you log in, write a message, log out, and log back in, the message should still be there. If not, that's a bug. Can you let me know the steps to reproduce?
I do see that it's now persistent. I was logging out and back in when I reported it. Curious. I'll report back if I can reproduce it.
It may be you weren't seeing the older messages because when you log in you get the giant help message and the older messages are above that. Depending on your screen size you have to scroll up to see them. Also note if oyu want to see more than the last 100 entries there's a link at the top to see the whole chat archive for the campaign.