Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Showing players a monster image?

As I've been getting familiar with Roll20, I find myself wishing there was some sort of "intermediary" permission I could grant players access to with regards to monster sheet & token. What I want to do is allow players to view just an image (or image + description) of a monster...or even Z zoom on a monster token...without giving them full permission to control/edit and view the monster's secrets. Am I missing something? Is there a workaround for this? Or has this been brought up before as a suggestion but shot down for technical reasons? Thanks!

Edited 1438846762
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You could use  handouts for your players viewing. They were designed to be used for a single image and/or long description. You could also use the first tab (bio and info) of a character sheet and only allow the players to view it. This would give them an image to look at and any info you put there but not have access to anything else on that sheet.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Aaron I. said: What I want to do is allow players to view just an image (or image + description) of a monster...or even Z zoom on a monster token...without giving them full permission to control/edit and view the monster's secrets. As mentioned, handouts are a good choice. Alternatively, if your monsters are Characters , you could accomplish this by adding descriptive text, uploading an Avatar , or embedding/linking additional images all within the monster's Bio & Info Tab . Allow the monster's Character to be displayed In Player's Journals ; players who do not have permission to edit the monster's Character will only be able to access the Bio & Info Tab.