Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Rolling way too many 1's and 20's?

Hey all - during our last two sessions (this week and last week), we have seen a massive amount of 1's and 20's on d20 dice rolls. Is something wrong with the dice roller? I'm talking every 3rd or 4th roll is a 1 or a 20. Anyone else experiencing this, or did we just have two REALLY swingy sessions?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, there really isn't anything wrong with it in the general sense:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum</a> IIRC there are some bugs with die sizes that aren't real dice used by any game ever, though. Like d8192,
In a nutshell;&nbsp; Humans are horrible at internalizing statistics.&nbsp; You've a 10% chance to roll a 1 or a 20... it'll happen fairly more frequently than most "feel" it should.
Hmm I've never seen so many 1's and 20's ever - not on roll20,and not in real life rolling - esp for two 2 hour sessions. I suspect something odd is going on... but then the quantum roller thing seems fine on the website. Still, maybe it is a problem on my end somehow? &nbsp; I'll see how we go next week. Hopefully it will go back to normal. It's just tooo unlikely to keep up like this.

Edited 1438876301
The Dice Are Fine! &nbsp;Look at the aggregate rolls, there will be runs of one number in a random distribution. August 18th 1913, a Roulette wheel spun 36 consecutive red, people lost millions betting black, this is the basis of the famous "Monte Carlo Fallacy" the roulette wheel was proven to be honest. You need thousands of rolls to spot a skewed result. Or your players could be sending checks to Riley to get 20s...
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
The way the dice roller works, it is impossible for there to be a 'problem on [your] end'.&nbsp; Honest and truly. The question has been asked & answered, so I'll go ahead and close the thread.