Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Flash Video is horizontally flipped.

Deightine
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Had one of my players log in tonight to try the system out, only for us to realize that two different flips of the same image were showing on our two different screens. Her video feed looked right from the GM screen, but from her own screen, all of the background details were on the opposing side of the image. Not a huge bug... but it got a chuckle out of us.
Lots of InterNet video chat facilities show you your own feed as though you were looking into a mirror. I know of only one video chat app that shows me my own feed *not* reversed.
Deightine
KS Backer
Sheet Author
How interesting. I've never noticed that before... wonder if it is an unspoken standard? I'll have to check a few of my other programs. It looks like R20 is using a plugin from an open video project, so it may just be how they do it.
Yes, it'd more or less standard. However, if it's flipped the other way, check you webcam driver/control panel. Some webcams can mirror the picture, too. Then it'd be double flipped ;)
Deightine
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Smells like an cam-ception joke in the making.